Electrical Plug in Hanging out of underbelly

rdbrett

I have a '16 Wilderness Bunkhouse. From what I read, the heated underbelly is provided by the furnace. Is this correct?
I have an electrical chord plug in hanging out of the underbelly of my camper. I bought from an individual and I didn't see it to ask what it was for. I originally thought maybe it was to heat the underbelly. Then, I read in the HUG area that the furnace supplies the heat for this.
Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think he best thing to do is remove a few screws and take a look in the underbelly.
Let us know what you find.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Sounds like something the previous owner installed - maybe electrical heat tape for a water line.

The furnace has a 2" duct that is routed to the underbelly to provide a little heat.

Fox

An uneducated guess is the prior owner added something (are you in cold country ... maybe a heater to the waste tanks).

You can either ask him or follow the wires back to where they terminate on something.

rdbrett

Will check with owner before me first. Then, will take a look if necessary. Will let you know, thanks for the help.

rdbrett

The previous owner told me he attached a heating pad under the water tank, mystery solved. Not sure if that's common....Thanks for helping me out!