Cyclone 370C advice

I'm looking at a 2012 370C and was wondering if there was any thing special i should look for on it, it appears to be in excellent condition. also do you think i will have any issues pulling with a 2011 F350 SRW 4X4, any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

danemayer

Hi harleybagger,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

With any used trailer, you'll want to carefully examine several areas where good maintenance will have prevented problems:

• Look over the entire exterior for any signs of water intrusion - which would usually cause delamination.
  • Check the caulking and sealants.
  • Check the interior for any signs of water intrusion. Stains are an indicator.
  • Check the date of manufacture stamped on the tire sidewall and check the wear on the tread. Anything showing excess wear or a tire over 4 years old is ready to be retired. And if the tire brand is Towmax, don't tow the trailer at all until you get new tires.
  • Check the suspension for excess wear, especially on the shackle links that attach the springs.
  • Lower and raise the ramp. It normally is easy to handle. If it's heavy, that may indicate water intrusion.

I expect others will suggest other things to check.

2TrakR

Climb up and walk the roof. Look VERY close at any junction/seam, especially around skylights.
Most likely the skylights have failed or are failing, look for cracks around the edge.