Bedroom TV Install

pslincs

For you wanting to install a tv in the bedroom, look at these pics and see what we did. There is not support on the wall for an tv bracket. Its hollow. I wanted the tv on an adjustable bracket for movement of viewing. Plus our tv as a dvd player that loads from the side, so to the tv must be able to move to load. I took a piece of wood, cut it about 1/16" wider than the area between the cabinets and used velcro strips to attach to the wood and the wall in the trailer. I then used counter sunk screws to attach the bracket to the wood, and there you go. This is super solid and the tv fits perfect in the area. Please see pics of the install, works really good where there in no support in the walls, This would also work great for a tv install in the loft area between the bookshelves. Let me know if anybody needs more info>>>

Attachments

• IMG_2140.JPG
    IMG_2140.JPG
    674.4 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_2139.JPG
    IMG_2139.JPG
    655.7 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_2138.JPG
    IMG_2138.JPG
    657 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_2137.jpg
    IMG_2137.jpg
    739 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_2136.JPG
    IMG_2136.JPG
    655.4 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_2135.JPG
    IMG_2135.JPG
    699.1 KB · Views: 306

JimandSina

Shane,
Nice job, the bdrm TV was on my to do list, you just made it much simplier for me, many thanks,
Jim

truknutt

Committed Member
Shane,

That's similar to the bracket I have in our 3210. We don't have the overhead cabinets, ours mounts under the Security Monitor. I mounted it to the closet wall (there was a stud). When in travel mode it's flush against the closet wall secured with those straps & plastic clips similar to the ones that secure the dinette table to the garage wall. I ran the bracket's mounting bolts through the straps. Just un clip and swing it around for our viewing pleasure.

We have a small 15" with built in DVD player also...small tv for a small bedroom!

pslincs

Hey Jim, yes the TV is easily removable, there is the velcro, but even easier the bracket that one allen bolt that can be removed easier for servicing>>>

wdk450

Shane:
Are you confident the wide Vecro. This would seem like a lot of stress on the Velcro when moving - Do you plan to take it down then?

Bill Knight
Sacramento
Newly purchased 2008 3670RL
Newly Purchased 2004 Dodge 3500

phoenix50

Shane,
Nice job I like the pictures, very helpful.
Planning to do the same but I was going to mount the backing board between the 2 cabinets and by screwing through the interior of the cabinet. What height did you mount the TV bracket on the mounting board?