Honda EU2200i or Honda EB2800i Generator ?

gslabbert5119

Folks, I am in need of a generator and after installing 2 x Microair Easy Start switches, I can now start and run my Air Con unit off a Honda 2200i generator (Which I borrowed & Tested out after the install). This is an AWESOME add-on product (Link at the end of this message

Anyway, I now need to purchase a Generator and I am considering the Honda EU 220i generator which runs at 57 -64 db reportedly or the Honda EB2800i Inverter Generator runs runs at 69db reportedly.

Does anyone have any experience with the EB2800i and really how loud is it in ECO mode?

Given these 2 choices which would you purchase?

Easy start for running RV AC off generator or shore power.
https://www.microair.net/collection...rter-for-air-conditioners?variant=30176048267
$25 off discount code: GWTW

Lou_and_Bette

So, for my continuing education and to confirm the reviews I read on their site, if these EZ Start switches are installed on both my A/Cs, I would be able to run both of them on 30 amp shore power, or run one of them on a smaller generator? I gather from the company web site that installing these switches allows them to operate from a lower power source, run quieter, and, seemingly to me, maybe prolong the life of an A/C by reducing the strain put on the electrical circuits caused by the “hard start” OEM switches. If all this is true, seems to be a mod that every RV owner should make. To good to be true? I realize the initial surge of power to get the compressor going is high and this contributes to the reason higher power sources are needed during this initial phase and lower durning just normal running time. So, because these switches “ramp up” this initial power surge, controlling, and delivering, only the lowest power needed to kick start the unit. Is this a fair assessment of their purpose?

gslabbert5119

So, for my continuing education and to confirm the reviews I read on their site, if these EZ Start switches are installed on both my A/Cs, I would be able to run both of them on 30 amp shore power, or run one of them on a smaller generator? I gather from the company web site that installing these switches allows them to operate from a lower power source, run quieter, and, seemingly to me, maybe prolong the life of an A/C by reducing the strain put on the electrical circuits caused by the “hard start” OEM switches. If all this is true, seems to be a mod that every RV owner should make. To good to be true? I realize the initial surge of power to get the compressor going is high and this contributes to the reason higher power sources are needed during this initial phase and lower durning just normal running time. So, because these switches “ramp up” this initial power surge, controlling, and delivering, only the lowest power needed to kick start the unit. Is this a fair assessment of their purpose?

That is the premise ...

i know for sure that I can run one on a Honda EU2000i (not even the newer 2200i)

I ordered a 2nd Easy Start switch on Friday and will install it next week and give you a firm answer as to whether they will both run on 30amp or if they will both run on a small Honda Generator

Gavin

Lou_and_Bette

I will be waiting for your report when the second switch is installed and tested. Thank you for sharing this info

gslabbert5119

I will be waiting for your report when the second switch is installed and tested. Thank you for sharing this info

Ok, so I installed the second switch today and tested both aircon units...

After doing the 5 start calibration using a Honda EU2200i generator in ECO mode, I attempted to start both Aircon units as close to simultaneously as I could, both aircon units started just fine, and both compressors kicked in just fine, which frankly amazed me, so I left everything running and then attempted to open up my bedroom slide, which opened, and the aircon units including the compressors on both units kept running, however the little generator was taking strain.

The air conditioners seemed to run smoother, and neither had that hard surge that you can hear when they start up, and it is almost gentle, if you can describe the sound that way.

I suspect that the Easy Starts will prolong the longevity of the aircons, and for me it has been a most worthwhile installation.

Ok, so the install is super easy & took about 30 minutes with me being uber careful, my Dometic units are a normal profil unit at the rear, and a low profile unit in the front, and surprisingly the front - low profile unit had a Start (or is it Star) Capacitor which has to be removed, yet the back unit which was not a low profile unit did not.

If for some reason you get stuck during the install simply call Easy Start and Robert (I think that's his name), will walk you through the install over the phone, and he is very good at it and must have dealt with umpteen hundred non electric trained Rvers.

i know that I am spending Other Peoples money, but I can now either BoonDock using a very small generator or I can book a RV spot that is 30 amp and save money there, and ultimately pay for the cost of the Easy Start in that savings.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Lastly
If you purchase a unit and get stuck, I can help you with the install over the phone, it's that simple

Gavin

LBR

Ok, so I installed the second switch today and tested both aircon units...

After doing the 5 start calibration using a Honda EU2200i generator in ECO mode, I attempted to start both Aircon units as close to simultaneously as I could, both aircon units started just fine, and both compressors kicked in just fine, which frankly amazed me, so I left everything running and then attempted to open up my bedroom slide, which opened, and the aircon units including the compressors on both units kept running, however the little generator was taking strain.

The air conditioners seemed to run smoother, and neither had that hard surge that you can hear when they start up, and it is almost gentle, if you can describe the sound that way.

I suspect that the Easy Starts will prolong the longevity of the aircons, and for me it has been a most worthwhile installation.

Ok, so the install is super easy & took about 30 minutes with me being uber careful, my Dometic units are a normal profil unit at the rear, and a low profile unit in the front, and surprisingly the front - low profile unit had a Start (or is it Star) Capacitor which has to be removed, yet the back unit which was not a low profile unit did not.

If for some reason you get stuck during the install simply call Easy Start and Robert (I think that's his name), will walk you through the install over the phone, and he is very good at it and must have dealt with umpteen hundred non electric trained Rvers.

i know that I am spending Other Peoples money, but I can now either BoonDock using a very small generator or I can book a RV spot that is 30 amp and save money there, and ultimately pay for the cost of the Easy Start in that savings.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Lastly
If you purchase a unit and get stuck, I can help you with the install over the phone, it's that simple

Gavin

Great to hear...I will probably install it on one of our ACs. If I get hung up, I'll shoot you a PM!

Running an AC occasionally is in our forecast, but I don't wish to be using the 5.5K everytime an AC is needed. This all enters into my solar, inverter, battery bank thoughts. I also have a 2K suitcase generator to supplement now and then should the power infrastructure grid fall short due to overuse or cloudy days.

So much fun planning, but getting close to "Doing" it!

Lou_and_Bette

Thank you for sharing this info, I’m probably going to invest in a pair of these and then a genny. I do have one question, did you purchase the “installation kit?”

gslabbert5119

No I did not purchase the install kit.
I have plenty female spade connectors and butt connectors at home.

You do need a wire crimping tool which is not mentioned but most of us have one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLO

After a year, how has the Microair Easy Start worked out for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr.D

Anybody using the E-start on their A/C check with Mfg of A/C to see if it affects warrantees or maintenance of the A/C???

danemayer

Anybody using the E-start on their A/C check with Mfg of A/C to see if it affects warrantees or maintenance of the A/C???
What people, including manufacturer employees, say about warranties doesn't have any standing. The written warranty statement is what counts. Dometic's air conditioner warranty statement lists the following as not being covered by warranty:
...damage or failure caused by installation of accessories not manufactured and marketed by the Seller or any non-Dometic parts that are installed as replacement parts;

Mr.D

What people, including manufacturer employees, say about warranties doesn't have any standing. The written warranty statement is what counts. Dometic's air conditioner warranty statement lists the following as not being covered by warranty:
Your right!! So that takes care of that one.............