Cyclone oven question

AnnaIvanZ

I FINALLY went and bought a baking stone/tile for my oven. My question is.................for those of you that have done that, where do you put the tile? Do you put it on the bottom of the oven, which would locate it UNDER the burner? Or do you put it on the metal "cover" that is ABOVE the burner?? I put mine on that metal cover, and it gave me much better results than trying to bake without one. I guess I never thought about putting it on the very bottom of the oven till someone asked where I did position it.

So, where did you put it and why?

Thanks.

Anna Z

Last edited by a moderator:

Lou_and_Bette

Put ours on cover above burner to diffuse the intense heat and keep from burning bottom of dishes. Don’t know reason for putting it below burner. Maybe the ones asking about your location are just trying to learn from your experience.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The purpose of the stone is to more evenly distribute the heat from the burner.
If you put the stone below the burner it will do nothing to even out the heat.

Peace
Dave

AnnaIvanZ

Stone above burner diffusing more even heat was my thinking. The below burner question got me wondering. Glad I made the right decision. Actually, putting it below the burner never entered my mind.

Since putting the stone in, I had a "baking morning", making chocolate chip cookies (didn't get quite as brown as in my home oven, but they were crisp, not burned, and had a nice tan.......LOL) and 3 loaves of apricot bread. I used those 8x4 foil pans; 3 fit in there just right. They were nicely browned and done to MY satisfaction. With wanting to continue my baking business this winter while in Texas, I HAVE to make this oven work, and I bake mostly yeast breads.

Thanks.

Does everybody's oven startup okay? This is the fourth time I've used our oven and I have to sit by it and babysit for the first 10 to 15 minutes of preheating because the flame goes out due to the wind from the fan. Anybody ever have this issue?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BLR

I tried muffins a couple of times without stone cooked very uneven, added the stone above burner and now they are cook more evenly.

I still notice the back of the oven is hotter than the front..When cooking pizza I rotate a couple of times, keep crust from burning

Sent from BLR Logistics

BLR

Does everybody's oven startup okay? This is the fourth time I've used our oven and I have to sit by it and babysit for the first 10 to 15 minutes of preheating because the flame goes out due to the wind from the fan. Anybody ever have this issue?

What brand of oven do you have??

We have furrion and haven't had that problem.

The only issue we had was the wire to the sparker came loose, and we had to fix it..

Sent from BLR Logistics

AnnaIvanZ

Mine doesn't have a fan, so no problem keeping the pilot lit.

Mine bakes MUCH better since I added the stone.

I had been complaining VERY vocally about how much I absolutely hated that oven, and how can anyone bake in it, blah, blah, blah..............my hubby said "well, you know, most people don't bake like YOU do..........." Yes, he is probably right on that.

Furrion also. It will light up fine, with a steady flame, then all of a sudden the wind/fan kicks up and blows the flame below all over, seemingly out of place, crazy looking, then goes out. It takes about 5 cycles of this before it will actually hold a steady flame.