New Landmark "Concord"

Oregon_Camper

Just saw this new Landmark show up on my Facebook feed.

https://www.facebook.com/heartlandrv/videos/1576720582473356/

Now I'm normally a fan of all the Landmark floorplans, but this one seems a bit odd to me. If you watch the video, you will see the recliner with the BEST view of the TV, doesn't have a center console. We use the heck out of ours and love it. There are 2 other recliners (one is couch the converts to theater seating) that force a horrible TV viewing angle....my neck hurts just thinking about have to always twist my neck to watch TV.

I think the removal of the kitchen island is a mistake. There isn't a lot of counter space in this new model.

Finally...having the kitchen in the rear and the living area in the middle, basically removes any chance of a nice view. We love the windows in our Bighorn, as we can see what is behind us (which is normally the best view) while in the living area. Granted you can see out while at the dinning room table, but those windows need to be larger. They seem too small for that enclosed space.

Just my humble opinions of course.....:cool:

Last edited:

DebiMac

Thanks for posting this! Love the rear kitchen concept, but...wouldn’t things bounce around a lot? That’s the least stable part of the RV. Once these start selling, I’d love to hear from others what they find about this! Agree...would like the center console...and a choice on farm sink or double sink.

sengli

No carpet in the bedroom? Tiny bedroom, and bathroom for a 40 plus foot coach.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
As with every new year model, we tend to fixate on parts we don't like.

I don't care for the new look of the two-tone cabinet stain. Maybe in real life it looks better, but in this video it doesn't look "high-end" to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Just saw this new Landmark show up on my Facebook feed.

https://www.facebook.com/heartlandrv/videos/1576720582473356/

Now I'm normally a fan of all the Landmark floorplans, but this one seems a bit odd to me. If you watch the video, you will see the recliner with the BEST view of the TV, doesn't have a center console. We use the heck out of ours and love it. There are 2 other recliners (one is couch the converts to theater seating) that force a horrible TV viewing angle....my neck hurts just thinking about have to always twist my neck to watch TV.

I think the removal of the kitchen island is a mistake. There isn't a lot of counter space in this new model.

Finally...having the kitchen in the rear and the living area in the middle, basically removes any chance of a nice view. We love the windows in our Bighorn, as we can see what is behind us (which is normally the best view) while in the living area. Granted you can see out while at the dinning room table, but those windows need to be larger. They seem too small for that enclosed space.

Just my humble opinions of course.....:cool:

Completely AGREE with all you points !!!!!
I don't like anything about it, especially the new Lion badge !!! I also dislike the exposed cheep looking stereo under the TV, theirs no way to hide it or remove it.

Joe G

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I too agree with most of the comments. I had a rear kitchen Big Country a few years back. Things did bounce around a little more in the rear kitchen compared to the center kitchen but nothing I couldn't live with. The biggest drawback for me was, no refrigerator access without opening slides. I like having access to the refrigerator, bathroom and bedroom if needed without opening slides while traveling.

ksucats

The only thing we miss in our Key West is a radio - Glad to see one coming in the new coaches, albeit we are years away from trading. That said, we are surprised that they didn't put it behind the cabinet to keep a cleaner look.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had a rear kitchen floorplan in an SOB that we owned. My wife loved it, but there needs to be an island with more counter space in it. We love our Oshkosh floorplan but like so many others, we have nagging little issues that keep cropping up.

CDN

B and B
As well glad to see a real radio and not a sounder. We camp remote and often the only entertainment is FM radio in the forest.