Recall: Certain 2019 Travel Trailers

jbeletti

LINK to NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 18V634000

Campaign PDF attached.

General Campaign info below.

September 21, 2018 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 18V634000
Missing Bearing Races may cause Hub to Overheat
The missing bearing race may cause premature hub bearing failure, possibly resulting in a separation of the hub from the axle, thereby increasing the risk of a crash.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 18V634000

Manufacturer Heartland Recreational Vehicles, LLC

Components SUSPENSION

Potential Number of Units Affected 622

Summary
Heartland Recreational Vehicles, LLC (Heartland) is recalling certain 2019 Heartland Mallard, Pioneer, Sundance XLT, Wilderness, North Trail, Prowler and Trail Runner travel trailers. The axles may be missing inner bearing races on the hubs, which can cause the bearing to burnout or cause the hub to overheat.

Remedy
Heartland will notify owners, and dealers will replace the defective hubs with new hubs or replace the axles, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin October 26, 2018. Owners may contact Heartland customer service at 1-877-262-8032. Heartland's number for this recall is 99.01.40.

Notes
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

Attachments

• NHTSA_Safety_Issue ID 18V634.pdf
    22.1 KB · Views: 28
  • RCAK-18V634-4568.pdf
    242.4 KB · Views: 15
  • RCLRPT-18V634-8159.PDF
    214.8 KB · Views: 63

MikeR

This recall applies to other manufacturers also. I'm assuming that they are Lippert axles. Either a new trainee assemblng the bearings on the axles or they ran out of rear races and had to keep the line running.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
This recall applies to other manufacturers also. I'm assuming that they are Lippert axles. Either a new trainee assemblng the bearings on the axles or they ran out of rear races and had to keep the line running.

Yup!

I've been reading about this on other brand chat boards for a couple of weeks now.