Apollo worldwide parts

NWS

Hi all, my first post here. We have a 2008 Sundance 245rl. It has an Apollo halftime model AAC-34BIB. Our problem is that one of the door catches has been snapped off. That means that the microwave will not operate. I have sent a couple of e-mails to the manufacturer, but no reply. Does anyone know if they are they still around? A little more information - the Sundance was purchased new and imported into Australia. We bought it as a deceased estate item a year ago, and of course there was no one to help with any questions that we have had, so finding the forum has been a bonus.

danemayer

Hi NWS,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

A lot of owners have experience with the Apollo ovens, so perhaps someone can give you a pointer on where parts may be available.

jbeletti

Contact Midwest Sales as they were the distributor of that item to the North American RV markets.

Midwest Sales: (574) 287-3365‬

wdk450

I saw listings for parts online through Sears Parts direct. I don't know if your specific model is covered there, but I did find a "door hook" that looked like part of the latch assembly right off. That part was $50, and lots of iffy factors here. On edit: This does look like your model number in the Sears Parts Online, and the "door hook" is one of the few parts they still list.
https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/aac34bi/1523/0123100.html

E-Bay had a complete unit for $165, but i bet the shipping would kill you.

Best bet might be to start measuring the microwave and its cabinet openings, and buy a more common Sharp or Panasonic microwave in Australia and get it to fit in the cabinet. Is your Trailer all 110 volt appliances/U.S. electrical outlets with a master step-down transformer, or 220 volt appliances?

Good Luck!!!

P.S. If a common counter-top microwave is mounted in an enclosed cabinet, it needs to have some sort of ventilation fan system that circulates air through the cabinet when the microwave runs.

jerryjay11

I just looked at sears and your model number comes up with the parts breakdown. All you need to do is determine from the image which part you need then order it. Usually what I do is get the part number there then check ebay to see if I can get it cheaper. Usually it is cheaper on ebay.

NWS

Thanks for the help, very much appreciated. We do have a transformer for the oven and refrigerator, everything else is 240 or 12 volt. Freight cost is a real problem, service works fine, but the cost...ouch. Anyway, on a slightly wet weekend, lots of discussion on the best way to go. Thanks again,
Regards
Nev.