2017 Cyclone 4114 broken axle mounts

I have just found the right rear axle hanger has broken off at the weld just like yours on our 2015 Cyclone 4200 toy hauler!
I was checking on the suspension because of a failed front leaf spring.
This is the kind of poor production that gets people killed!
There should be a recall on these!
Just look at that poor weld, hardly any penetration at all!
My selling Heartland dealer has gone out of business, I can see why now dealing with these kind of failures!
I was scheduled to have my front axle leaf springs, POS front steps replaced and other issues taken care of by a non Heartland dealer.
I don't know if they will want to take on the responsibility of fixing this spring mount failure!

IMG_4342.JPG

Addendum:
I called Lippert customer service they sent me a box of two spring hangers. I contacted a mobile welding service who came to my trailer's location and completed the repair. I have not yet received a bill but I expect it will be in the area of $500-600 or more 2hrs round trip travel & 2 hrs on site.

IMG_4399.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4339.JPG
    IMG_4339.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Tree14

We too have a 4200 2016. Had some major slide issues, tires wearing out in 5000 miles or less. LIPPERT, and Heartland NO HELP! They Heartland originally authorized the repairs and after our dealership "fixed" they said NO. They claimed the slide nuts had been moved and caused issue. We've never touched /adjusted them!! Called Thor, NO HELP

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk