Verizon MiFi NOT Throttling Down After 15 GB Use

wdk450

I have seen "reviews" on the FMCA wireless technology webpages about the Sprint Unlimited, Unthrottled plan saying that the reviewers use the hotspot to do internet TV along with web browsing at the same time.
My Verizon data relationship goes back many years, so I don't think I am covered by a contract (I will check), and I am going to ask around here about the quality of the Sprint signal. As I understand it you pay about $40 a month for web TV, and my Dish Network bill has crept up to $110. Also I expect to someday lose my Dish signal to all of the big, old, trees in this park. Right now the only way I get a Dish signal is with my tripod sitting on the RV roof.

Does anyone else do TV that way?

chiefneon

I have seen "reviews" on the FMCA wireless technology webpages about the Sprint Unlimited, Unthrottled plan saying that the reviewers use the hotspot to do internet TV along with web browsing at the same time.
My Verizon data relationship goes back many years, so I don't think I am covered by a contract (I will check), and I am going to ask around here about the quality of the Sprint signal. As I understand it you pay about $40 a month for web TV, and my Dish Network bill has crept up to $110. Also I expect to someday lose my Dish signal to all of the big, old, trees in this park. Right now the only way I get a Dish signal is with my tripod sitting on the RV roof.

Does anyone else do TV that way?

Howdy!

If your going to do much traveling forget Sprint. We had Sprint when we first started fulltiming and gave it up after the first year. Unless you are near a large city are major highway Sprint is useless.

” Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Funny...

This just happened earlier today...

My Verizon Moto Z2-Play phone was telling me there was an update...

I tried to download the update, but it wouldn't do it through the phone, but kept telling me a WiFi connection was needed.

So...with 11 GB's used in my monthly plan so far on my Mifi (and nine days left before the rollover) I tried for the first time and connected my phone to my MiFi device.

And WahLah! The download began!

And guess what?

Halfway through that download I got a message from Verizon telling me I had used up my 15GB's and will now be slowed down to 600 KBPS the very instant it hit 15GB!

Once it hit that 15GB...it took over two more hours for it to finish downloading that phone update!

So, if they haven't slowed you down at 15 GB...consider yourself lucky! :cool:

Oh yeah...now since I use my computers on the internet guess what?

I am now using the hotspot in my phone for high speed internet for the rest of the month! :p

And not the MiFi device... :confused:

And that is how the Verizon plans really work...

wdk450

I was wrong in my original posting, and now see that my data cap before throttling with the Verizon Unlimited MyFi Hotspot plan through FMCA is 25 Mbytes.

I do NOT have Verizon phone service (I use a prepaid Tracfone which rides on Verizon towers).

I am going to be stuck in Porterville, Ca. for the foreseeable future caring for my elderly sisters and living FT in my Bighorn. So I will take my time and look into the Sprint FMCA deal with the idea of doing internet TV in the future. According to the Sprint Coverage map, my RV park address has excellent Sprint signal.

I would think that Sprint would have good signal in the California Central Valley from their heritage of being an outgrowth of the Southern Pacific Railroad INTernal communications (microwave towers) system. One of my Navy buddies worked in their main center in Burlingame, Ca. when it was just a low cost long distance provider.