H.O.T.E.L. Categories - Submit yours

jbeletti

Please use this thread to submit your categories for the HOTEL project that is under discussion.

To get the ball rolling on ideas, I came up with:

• Garage or Shop - we have some tools and such to assist in a repair
  • Overnight stay on our property is okay
  • Points of Interests - call us for ideas
  • Road side assistance - If available, I'll drive out to help you
  • Restaurant - we love to meet Heartlanders traveling though for a meal at a nearby restaurant with RV parking capabilty - call us

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Good campgrounds in the area, RV dealers or parts in the area, good machanics in the area and road construction in the area.TRAVELER07

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Being full timers we have limited resources but, I'll help if I can.

Things I could provide:
Roadside Assistance, If I'm in the area.
Provide info for the area or if room available in the campground we're in.
I have a decent supply of tools and enough knowledge to get myself out of a situation.
Always open for a meeting in a restaurant or we have a grill too.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We would be glad to help someone find a garage and we have some tools available for use,we also would be glad for someone to stay overnight on our property. We will drive out to help someone if needed and would be glad to meet a fellow Heartlander at a restaurant when passing through our way.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Zoomable Global map with stick pin of your location like they do on most of the diesel forums like oilburners.net and superdutydiesel

Lets a member have quick access to the map to see if members are near the area they need help or are visiting, what services a member can / will offer cam be a pop up when a member clicks on that pin.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Don't we have that with the HOP??

Click on "My Location" and zoom in real close and you will see I am at Spring Texas along with 3 others.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Don't we have that with the HOP??

Click on "My Location" and zoom in real close and you will see I am at Spring Texas along with 3 others.

Yep, just looked at it and entered my info, never noticed it befor as about all I use here is the forum and occasionally the chat...... until it usually nukes me LOL.

Jim the components you need are already in place, It just needs to be promoted. I suggest a sticky to the HOP and a request for users to add/ update their position and marker text. A lot of info can be put in the marker text block, look up my marker as an example.

Ray LeTourneau

H.O.P. Would be a good tool to locate members as long as we have air cards or some way to access our website/forum. Some of us (me:() don't have that tool while traveling and would have to rely on a book of some sort.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Mobile garage - have tools to assistance in an emergency, even an onboard compressor

Roadside Assistance - tools and capability to transport trailer to safe location, etc.

Restaurant - always up for a good meal with friends!!

ct0218

My home is not accessible with a fifth wheel, but my office/warehouse site is. It will have a 50A hookup in a couple of weeks, and plenty of room. I carry tools on my truck, and have a working agreement with a tire shop and a welding shop. Plenty of info for the tourist area I'm in the middle of, and a new Super Walmart just 2 miles away. Restaurant info, and advice on routes to take, and not to take, and service facilities in the area. For those that may want to drop off their fifth wheel for short excursions, then that is possible also (the warehouse/office site is fenced and gated, and well lit at night) since it is located on a four lane highway-The Great Smoky Mountains Expressway. Maybe a separate HOP map for the providers would help those looking for service when they are not familiar with an area.

fljlcw

We are fulltimers and travel as much as funds allow but would be glad to help repair,tow to safety,offer travel advice,coffee,or A meal if we are in the area where help is needed great idea

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We can do roadside assistance with tools etc. We have a garage to work in, but not the space for a trailer to park. We can help transport a coach if needed. We can also give directions, help find a place to stay, provide local info, provide internet access while they're here, and a meal of course. I think a HOP-like map is a good idea for those who can access it on the road. A booklet in pdf for those of us who can download it would be great. Of course we might want to carry an extra copy or two for those HL people we meet on the road,especially if they don't travel with internet access.

Kristy

irvin56

In Calgary

Can assist in transportation of people and smaller TT, under 7,000 #
lots of Rv places in calgary that deal with all lines of heartland products
Meet for a coffee or diner.
Info on stuff to do in Alberta
Internet access with campgrounds listings.

I will try to post this info on text of my marker on HOP
if I can't do it I will ask for HELP
from pmm's post

Thanks pmm(Mark) I was able to post this info on marker. Took a few hair pulls to figuer it out (Most were Grey hairs)
Go in to user and then add to text area, then updated

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

I just followed Jim's links to update my status and add my preferences to the HOTEL. Since we're full time, we can't offer a garage or a place to park but if your in the area and need a campground, we can tell you if there are sites available or what facilities are in the area. We're changing our summer location to a place more convenient to care for my Mom. We were 45 miles away from her before and when fuel was upwards of $4.70 a gallon it was fairly pricey to visit her 3 times a week. Now we'll be right in town behind a motel with about 15 RV sites. Nice quaint little parking spot with free cable & wi-fi.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Yellowstone/Henry's Fork of the Snake River

I have a very large area level blacktop with power/water you can park on. Very close to the Yellowstone and all world class fishing on the Snake River. We are 1 hour from Yellowstone and Jackon Hole WY. The Tetons are out our window. Feel free to drop by, we will float the South Fork of the Snake and catch some Browns.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's in my profile, but I'm not listed in the H.O.T.E.L. directory, yet. If you're in Michigan, on or near I-75 or US-23 between Detroit and Bay City, I'll come out and lend a hand if I'm around. My vehicle mechanic's knowledge is extremely limited, so I can't help much with that. I pull a 3670, so if you'll fit on my 16K Reese hitch, I can get your trailer off the road, if that's what you need. Helping a TT off the road would not be a problem, either, using your hitch. During the summer, though, my range might be more like Grayling to the Mackinaw Bridge, if we're at our rig.

Garry & Bev

travel bug
We have updated our H.O.T.E.L. status when it was first put up but have never been included on the HOTEL list. It is in our profile as well.
We are on the farm so have a shop, mechanics tools, hospitality and 30 amp. hookup with water if a stop over is needed or a campground isn't available in the area.

robnmo

Got H.O.T.E.L. listed in profile, but we'll add here as well. We're 1 mile off a main State Road, within 10 miles of 3 State Campgrounds. We've got a garage w/ tools complete w/ oxy acetelyne and large compressor, etc. Got plenty of room to park a 40+ ft 5th wheel, have 50 amp RV hookup and can easily run water hose to an RV, so welcome to overnight if needed. Also can tow if needed, and we're always ready to meet someone for food.