Fresh water tank filling when hooked up to city water

Crincic

Our fresh water tank keeps filling when we are hooked up to city water. Any ideas as to how to correct those?

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldelevatorman

Your Andersen valve may have some rubber washer missing or out of place. You can remove it and see if they’re intact. I never turn the valve when it’s under pressure, that can cause washers to get displaced. Or a bad check valve in the water pump could cause that. On mine it was the Anderson valve. I replaced it and that stopped my tank filling up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Boatman

Had the same problem and it was a bad Anderson valve. I was able to purchase just the inner cartridge and after a 5 minute replacement--problem solved. Replacement parts came with instruction sheet.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
It's one of two things. The first is the Anderson Valve as others have said. The other is that your water pump could be allowing water to flow back past it. There is an anti back-flow valve (one way valve) that you can get on Amazon. Either way, on a 2019 it should all be covered under warranty.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Easy way to fix this is to put a check valve in front of the water pump...

I had to do this on my Prowler earlier this year and solved the problem!

I opted for the Camco brass check valve instead of the plastic cheapies from other sources.

Under $10 at Camping World, although I had to pay the premium $13 in Elephant Butte, NM :p

Took less than five minutes and no tools to install!

WaterpumpCheckValve-P4161994.jpg WaterpumpCheckValve-P4161999.jpg

WaterpumpCheckValve-P4161998.jpg

'Lil Guy'

I replaced my Anderson valve with a new insert but it didn't solve the problem. Jim B. decided my water pump check valve wasn't working and installed a cut off valve for a quick fix.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I also had the check valve on my water pump go bad and filling my water tank. I got one and placed it at the inlet of the pump before the strainer bulb. It was a quick 5 minute fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DickO

Had that problem. Now when switching to the city water setting I go past it and then back. Never had a problem again.

Fox

Jumping back in to this discussion (while seeking to be prepared for another common issue) has anyone got a part number (and/or source) for a quality in-line check valve?
Assuming this is a fairly cheap item I'd prefer to have one on hand (and then hope that I can find it once necessary).

danemayer

Jumping back in to this discussion (while seeking to be prepared for another common issue) has anyone got a part number (and/or source) for a quality in-line check valve?
Assuming this is a fairly cheap item I'd prefer to have one on hand (and then hope that I can find it once necessary).

Here's a Sharkbite that just presses on. No crimping required. You can probably find the equivalent at Lowes or Home Depot or Ace.

The arrow indicates direction of water flow. Put it on the suction side with the arrow pointing toward the pump.