WiFi Ranger Elite AC Pack

rooker54

I recently purchased the Bighorn 3870fb and new to the club (newbie), was just wondering if anybody has installed a Ranger elite on their rig. Need to know the best way to run the cable if installed on the ladder. is drilling into the rear cap next to the ladder ok?

Oregon_Camper

OK...we have the WIFIRanger...and LOVE it.

I ran the wire down the ladder and into the back window.
While not the ranger, you can jump to 3:55 in this video to see how/where I bring the wires in for our WeBoost. I use the same hole in the screen to run the WIFIRanger cable inside. I know some will drill down the roof, which is perfectly fine....I just wanted to stay away from more holes in roof if possible.

https://youtu.be/UdzJvnTH2WA

Here is the video I did for the WIFIRanger. I might help you with some of the setup and understanding a few of the features.

https://youtu.be/E_9StTQsKuY

danemayer

Drilling through the rear cap next to the ladder will work. One thing to be aware of is that the factory drapes the Dicor roofing material down the back a few feet so you're likely to be drilling through the rubber membrane. If so, it may wind up some around the drill bit. A small diameter pilot bit may help with that - maybe.

The real trick is to make sure you know exactly where the bit will come out on the interior. You'll want to measure about 8 times and then have someone else measure to see if you got it right. Just kidding - but you do want to be careful where you drill.

Use a clamshell wire cover like this on the exterior.

rooker54

Thank you some good ideas, I think i'm going to try an extention pool and attach to the ladder so I can raise and lower antenna, then run it through the rear window. that wat have my power and everything is hidden behind the couch.

porthole

Retired
I recently purchased the Bighorn 3870fb and new to the club (newbie), was just wondering if anybody has installed a Ranger elite on their rig. Need to know the best way to run the cable if installed on the ladder. is drilling into the rear cap next to the ladder ok?

Good luck using the wifi ranger.

And I hope you don't need to use their tech support.

If you can get it to connect, consistently, with either wifi, cellular tethered modem, failover, both routers using wifi to increase through put etc, I'm curious as to how.

And hopefully you didn't fall for the two mile range hype.

Oregon_Camper

If you can get it to connect, consistently, with either wifi, cellular tethered modem, failover, both routers using wifi to increase through put etc, I'm curious as to how..

...all clearly shown in video linked above or 5 mins reading the manual will result in an easy setup.

porthole

Retired
...all clearly shown in video linked above or 5 mins reading the manual will result in an easy setup.

Sure - that's why some here tried, got frustrated and dumped the wfr stuff. It does not live up to the hype of ease of use, range or automatic operations.

Tech support is at the engineering level, which many RV'ers are not, myself included. I make no qualms about not being a tech network guru, but wfr is not marketed towards tech network guru's.
And although I may not be a wfr network guru, I can figure out a thing or two. And I have figured out the wfr elite package is not user friendly, and a reliable stable connection it certainly does not have.

BTW, although I readily admit my lack of network savvy, you can thank the flexi antenna you boast about in the video to my efforts with the rigid elite antenna and going back and forth with wfr.

Garypowell

Not sure of your layout but with my BH3010 I always come up through the floor into a cabinet. Once in the cabinets it is fairly easy to get power and run additional wires where needed.

Then seal the floor back up.