2018 Bighorn Traveler 39MB room modification

-BLD-

Anyone out there with a 2 cushion sofa that opens up in the midbunk room to a queen size bed? Has anyone taken this sofa out? I want to make this room a dedicated office space.
I partially opened it and saw that it is bolted to the floor on the left and right sides but these bolts would be easy to remove. How have you disassembled it so that it can pass through the MB door and the exterior door?
By the way, I removed the useless carpet and behold, the vinyl faux plank flooring continued from the kitchen and hallway into the midbunk room!!!! It is so much better without that drab tan carpet!!
Thanks.

Attachments

• Bighorn MB 2 seat sofa and carpet.jpg
    Bighorn MB 2 seat sofa and carpet.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 103

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I’ve dealt with sofa beds in my house before. First, remove the cushions and open the bed. Remove the air mattress, then unbolt the mattress support from the sofa carcass. Unbolt that from the floor and pull it into the room. Most likely you can disassemble the carcass. If not, tip it on one end and work it out the door. Without all that hardware, it should be reasonably easy to move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bwdt

I talked to Lippert about this and they told me that the sofa will come apart and can be removed. I designed a Murphy bed with a built in desk. The desk will fold down with a single bed. The bed has a filler to make it long enough for a full size adult.

Good luck

SNOKING

Here are pictures of the side fold queen Murphy bed I built for our park model. I used a Rockler kit for the hardware and instructions. Computer tray when down latches with magnets and folds under when the bed is down. It is pretty heavy however!!!

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20171128_210357.jpg
    IMG_20171128_210357.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20171212_103944.jpg
    IMG_20171212_103944.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 105

SNOKING

Wow Chris - that's amazing! Thank you for sharing.

The Rockler hardware kit had good instruction of building the bed. The Computer tray was my addition. The bonus room is 7'8" x 9'8". The room has a pocket door from the corner of the Arizona room and a sliding door to a small 7x9' rear deck. When we have guest, I fire up a backup computer out in the mancave.

Not to bore you to much, here are a couple more pictures. We used another unit in the RV park as a guide and changed things for the larger lot we built on.

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20170314_142442.jpg
    IMG_20170314_142442.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Completed.jpg
    Completed.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 41

-BLD-

I talked to Lippert about this and they told me that the sofa will come apart and can be removed. I designed a Murphy bed with a built in desk. The desk will fold down with a single bed. The bed has a filler to make it long enough for a full size adult.

Good luck
Hi folks. It was easy to remove the sofa/queen bed because it was able to be broken down in pieces. My MB room is now spacious and I have added a glass top desk for my desktop computer, thus freeing up the dining room table.

SNOKING

Hi folks. It was easy to remove the sofa/queen bed because it was able to be broken down in pieces. My MB room is now spacious and I have added a glass top desk for my desktop computer, thus freeing up the dining room table.

Cool. Chris