Unhappy camper

bishgeo

Pretty ****** here. Finally got scheduled into a camping world service center Jan 17 to get awnings put on that wasn't in stock when we bought it and a page of repairs done. They tell me I only had 90 days to get most of it done under warranty. . How the **** does that work if it takes them more than 90 days to get you in. ����Most of it I can repair if I have to. Mostly cabinet doors that won't close. But there are wall panels that are warping and bowing.storage bay door warped sticking out on both ends and leaking. Screen door won't latch 3/4 of an inch smaller than door frame..never seen such poor quality in a unit before.

NYSUPstater

Problem # 1: All the problems you mentioned were not found during the PMI? If they had been, should not have taken unit off the lot.
Problem # 2: If all the said problems happened after you took it off the lot, OP should have been in immediate contact w/ HL and CW
Problem # 3: Camping World service.

wdk450

1. I would get out your copy of Heartland's Warranty Statement and read it as to warranty period. I haven't heard of it being anything other than 1 year. The Heartland Warranty statement trumps anything that the dealer says/writes.
2. I would call Heartland Service 877-262-8032 (with your VIN at the ready), tell them your story, and have them find you another RV repairer that they have worked with in your area.
3. If this experience sours you on Camping World, use an independent RV repairer from now on (see RVServiceReviews.com ), and buy all of your RV parts and accessories on the internet, or at Camping World's competition.
4. Post on RVServiceReviews.com about your Camping World location warranty service experience, and urge any potential RV buyers to look there before deciding on a dealership to buy from.

Good Luck!!!

danemayer

Pretty ****** here. Finally got scheduled into a camping world service center Jan 17 to get awnings put on that wasn't in stock when we bought it and a page of repairs done. They tell me I only had 90 days to get most of it done under warranty. . How the **** does that work if it takes them more than 90 days to get you in. ����Most of it I can repair if I have to. Mostly cabinet doors that won't close. But there are wall panels that are warping and bowing.storage bay door warped sticking out on both ends and leaking. Screen door won't latch 3/4 of an inch smaller than door frame..never seen such poor quality in a unit before.

Minor adjustments are covered for a 90 day period.

minor adjustments to components, including, but not limited to, adjustments tothe interior or exterior doors, LP regulator pressure, cabinet latches and TV antenna control, will be performed by
the dealer free of charge to the retail customer for a period of ninety (90) days from the original retail purchaser
taking possession of the recreational vehicle.

But if you contacted the dealer and were given a date outside the 90 day adjustment period, you should contact Heartland directly to discuss getting those adjustments covered. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Tree14

Good luck with Camping World, they are the WORST! Had our rig for 4 months and I had to go by every single day to get them to order parts. They ordered wrong parts, white parts for our black rig. I had to show them how to install washer and dryer

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

I can see that you're perturbed by your post and rightly so. However, I recommend you take a deep breathe and get an attitude adjustment before talking to anyone about the repairs needed. At least give them a chance before erupting. I feel your pain. Most service centers don't respond well if you go off on them. JMO
Keep us posted with your progress and good luck with CW.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I can see that you're perturbed by your post and rightly so. However, I recommend you take a deep breathe and get an attitude adjustment before talking to anyone about the repairs needed. At least give them a chance before erupting. I feel your pain. Most service centers don't respond well if you go off on them. JMO
Keep us posted with your progress and good luck with CW.

Years ago we were at our dealer for repairs. I witnessed a BH owner literally yelling at the service manager. IMO he was being unreasonable. Either way the service manager quietly asked him to leave while ripping up the service notes he had been looking at. Told him to never come back. I am not sure if he was under warranty still but it got me thinking. What if a customer treats the service guy "wrong" and after they leave their service request just goes into a circular file? I bet it happens.

bishgeo

Going to the Richmond in cw super center on the 17th. Service manager I talked to seem like a great guy. Made an appt time for me to show up. He wants me to walk him Thur it and explain what is wrong so he knows. But he was up front it could take 6-8 weeks to get warranty items approved and parts shipped. He said with the 90 stuff he’d submit it and see what they say. My biggest thing is the screen door that don’t fit and the basement door that’s bowed out on oth ends and leaks. Still waiting on a reply from heartland about my entry step light. They said they would have to ck with the engineers to see if it is supposed to have one. I said well it says standard equipment and everyone I’ve seen has one. Going to the Columbus oh rv show tommorow and see what units are there and maybe a rep to talk to. 👍

danemayer

Going to the Richmond in cw super center on the 17th. Service manager I talked to seem like a great guy. Made an appt time for me to show up. He wants me to walk him Thur it and explain what is wrong so he knows. But he was up front it could take 6-8 weeks to get warranty items approved and parts shipped. He said with the 90 stuff he’d submit it and see what they say. My biggest thing is the screen door that don’t fit and the basement door that’s bowed out on oth ends and leaks. Still waiting on a reply from heartland about my entry step light. They said they would have to ck with the engineers to see if it is supposed to have one. I said well it says standard equipment and everyone I’ve seen has one. Going to the Columbus oh rv show tommorow and see what units are there and maybe a rep to talk to. 👍

It only takes a few days, if even that long, to get warranty approvals on most repairs. Occasionally there'll be some repair where the dealer wants an extraordinary labor charge and Heartland doesn't agree - requiring some additional time to resolve.

And most parts will be there in about 2 weeks if actually ordered promptly. Some parts are custom made, like cabinet doors, and take longer. Things that have to be sourced from a supplier may also take longer. But 6-8 weeks is longer than need be and for most things is padded at the dealer end.

As for your step light, given that you haven't heard back after weeks, someone's dropped the ball. Call back. While on the call, discuss the 90 day adjustment issue in the context of dealer scheduling you after 90 days and get agreement up front. If you don't, and the dealer claim is rejected, it'll just hold things up at the end.

sengli

I wasnt aware of the 90 day window for adjustments, on a new unit. When they said a year, I assumed they actually meant a year warranty. Man, look out for that fine print.

In some respects you might be lucky, CW might have made things worse.

RickL

Cannot read your response

Click on the response he posted.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 60260Got this about my light yesterday. 😂👍

As Dan stated in a previous post, someone may have dropped the ball and you’ll need to readdress it again with Heartland. My experience is that it happens way more times this way then it should. I have had to readdress probably 3-4 issues over the past year. Not every system is fool proof, but I get the feeling customer service isn’t a high priority for Heartland. Now before everyone jumps on that statement let me explain.

If it was high priority then they would be taking steps to correct the issue. Read thru posts and you’ll find it a reoccurring theme. Maybe it is improving but dropping the ball once per customer to me isn’t acceptable. It should be a rarity and not the norm regardless how busy or large the organization.

david-steph2018

We have been to the Columbus RV Show several times. I don't remember seeing a factory rep there. The one show were we talked to a rep was the show at the IX Center.
From what we seen the Columbus RV show is the smallest of the 3 shows we have been to in Ohio. We have been to Columbus, IX Center and the Cincinnati-Dayton shows in the past years. Good luck today during the show.

bishgeo

For those that can’t read it. It’s an email from heartland wanting my vin # sad part is I traded my 05 Montana in on this thing. I have no idea about keystones customer service never needed it. Only time it was on a dealers lot was the day I picked it up. 50,000 miles and other than regular maintenance never an issue. 😳

kowAlski631

We've had great service from Heartland. We send emails or make phone calls and give them our VIN number so they can pull up history. Guess I'm missing something here.

Martha

wdk450

For those that can’t read it. It’s an email from heartland wanting my vin # sad part is I traded my 05 Montana in on this thing. I have no idea about keystones customer service never needed it. Only time it was on a dealers lot was the day I picked it up. 50,000 miles and other than regular maintenance never an issue. 😳

Heartland service keeps its files/records with VIN as the main record filing name. They have always done this.

mlpeloquin

VIN number is always required. It will allow them to see the actual build sheet it was built to. Colors, lighting, furniture, all part numbers and colors, stain, etc., and if your unit was suppose to have the light.