Houston Tx to Zion National Park

Rbfleming

Planning on traveling from Houston TX to Zion National Park UT. in May staying at the Zion River Resort. We plan on staying 5 days traveling to Bryce Canyon and a day in Lagas. We Leave Zion and travel to the Royal Gorge Co., spending 4 days in that area before returning home. Any suggestions on what to see or where to stay would be greatly appreciated.

Donhutch1800

Planning on traveling from Houston TX to Zion National Park UT. in May staying at the Zion River Resort. We plan on staying 5 days traveling to Bryce Canyon and a day in Lagas. We Leave Zion and travel to the Royal Gorge Co., spending 4 days in that area before returning home. Any suggestions on what to see or where to stay would be greatly appreciated.
Depending on which way your going when you leave Zion I would give Moab some thought.The red rock country there is second to none.We stayed there at portal rv park.Its a very nice park.Arches national park is the best red rock country you will ever see.

SLO

Zion River RV is a great choice. Stayed there twice. Bryce is just as good as Zion if not better. In Bryce hike short trail (~2 mi) down in the hoodoos. Drive to the end of the road and take short Bristlecone trail. 2nd oldest living thing (as far as I know).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

Bryce is just as good as Zion if not better.
Now that one I would disagree with but they are both worth seeing.

The ideal trip is to do Bryce, Zion and the sights on the west side, then go up I-15 to I-70 and across the state and come back down making the Moab, Arches and Canyonlands. You can see Lake Powell and sights on that side of Utah/Arizona.

If you are making the trip to Bryce and Zion by a route across the top of Arizona then I highly recommend the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Much prettier, 1/10 of the crowds and 1000 feet higher in altitude than the South Rim.

I should add. Check the date for the North Rim opening. It is closed from mid October to about the middle of May.

Attachments

• P8190008.jpg
    P8190008.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 8