13’ 415 roof mount satellite prewiring?

Onfire625

I have a 2013 Road Warrior 415, I have a Dish Network Playmaker that I would like to mount permenantly on the roof. My question, is there pre wiring from the factory on the roof for such an application? If so where may I locate it? If not any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

jimtoo

Hi Onfire625,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some good info soon from our members.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi OnFire,

The rooftop pre-wiring includes 2 coax lines that terminate in the Universal Docking Center (UDC), and a control cable for a Winegard Trav'ler. You can use the coax wires on your unit. Look in the bedroom for a cover plate on the ceiling, probably slightly to the doorside of center. If you find that, the cables are probably tucked up in the space above that plate. You'll have to drill a hole in the roof to run them up there. In the UDC, you'll need short jumpers to connect the rooftop wires to the wires going to bedroom and living room.

Onfire625

Hi OnFire,

The rooftop pre-wiring includes 2 coax lines that terminate in the Universal Docking Center (UDC), and a control cable for a Winegard Trav'ler. You can use the coax wires on your unit. Look in the bedroom for a cover plate on the ceiling, probably slightly to the doorside of center. If you find that, the cables are probably tucked up in the space above that plate. You'll have to drill a hole in the roof to run them up there. In the UDC, you'll need short jumpers to connect the rooftop wires to the wires going to bedroom and living room.

- Just took a look at the entire trailer and there are no blank cover plates anywhere in the ceiling or walls, this leads me to believe there is no prewiring for satellite. Therefore, looks as though I may have to wire the bedroom and living room from scratch. Unless its possible to use the existing antenna coax. Or just have it professionally installed. UGH!

pjones1969

Our 17 Cyclone did not have any cover plates in the ceiling, the coax wiring in our roof was the same dimension on the door side as the antenna was from the off door side, I drilled a 1-1/2” hole with a hole saw and used one of those flexible extended grabbers to grab the coax and pull it through. I’d contact Heartland with your VIN and they see if they have a diagram on the Road Warrior before I drilled any holes. There may be one in the manuals on here, I know I submitted the one I received but not sure what year models it covered.

After you get the roof part done you’ll just have to jumper it at the UDC as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onfire625

Our 17 Cyclone did not have any cover plates in the ceiling, the coax wiring in our roof was the same dimension on the door side as the antenna was from the off door side, I drilled a 1-1/2” hole with a hole saw and used one of those flexible extended grabbers to grab the coax and pull it through. I’d contact Heartland with your VIN and they see if they have a diagram on the Road Warrior before I drilled any holes. There may be one in the manuals on here, I know I submitted the one I received but not sure what year models it covered.

After you get the roof part done you’ll just have to jumper it at the UDC as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Thank you, I will contact Heartland with my vin# and see what they have”