Rockford Fosgate Punch System

TerribleTim68

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that might show the Rockford Fosgate Punch surround sound system as used on the 2008 Cyclone? My unit came with this setup and I'd like to find a wiring diagram that shows how the surround sound system connects to the DVD player and/or CD player, and then how the DVD player connects to the TV. But one step at a time.

Currently my CD player is the only thing that will work through the surround sound system, and the CD portion of that deck has stopped working. So I need to find a suitable replacement deck and will need to make sure everything gets wired correctly.

I'm not sure if the DVD player should work through the surround sound system or not, so a wiring diagram would help me reach some sort of conclusion here. Also, my DVD player appears to not want to talk to my TV, so again a suitable replacement deck and TV may need to happen here as well. Wiring diagrams would be nice.

It's an odd system with a potentiometer that controls the amount of bass the system puts out. You can dial it way too high, I know that, lol! Since my system came with no documentation for the decks that are actually in it and the previous owner seems to have kept all of the cables, I'm kind of starting from scratch on this one. I've looked at tons of images of the 2008 cyclone online as well as the original sales brochures and my unit appears to have the stock TV, CD player and DVD player in it. Yet I can't get the TV to talk to my DVD player, or vice-versa, and the CD player only works on AM-FM.

We'll talk about the CD player in the pass-thru storage area next since it doesn't work at all right now. One step at a time.

porthole

Retired
I don't recall the Cyclones having any Rockford stuff from the factory.
Typical was Jensen stuff, combo CD/DVD player and Jensen subwoofer with speakers all around not wired up for best sound.

Up until a few years most of the trailers used red & white (sound) and yellow (video) composite cables. And these usually ran to a port on the wall behind the TV..
Some cables tended to have no slack and would pull out.

My suggestion with a 2008 would be to start from scratch, upgrade the DVD and TV, add a sound-bar.

TerribleTim68

It's not a full Rockford-Fosgate system. It's just the Punch speaker setup. See the images in this brochure -
https://www.uvsconsole.com/manager/admin/cp-brochures/122531886956137.pdf

That's the same setup I have as shown in the images on page 2. Mine has that exact same tv, exact same stereo, exact same DVD player and exact same amp/speaker setup. So I'm looking for a wiring diagram for this that will help me wire it all back up correctly since the previous owner kept all the cabling.

porthole

Retired
It's not a full Rockford-Fosgate system. It's just the Punch speaker setup. See the images in this brochure -
https://www.uvsconsole.com/manager/admin/cp-brochures/122531886956137.pdf

That's the same setup I have as shown in the images on page 2. Mine has that exact same tv, exact same stereo, exact same DVD player and exact same amp/speaker setup. So I'm looking for a wiring diagram for this that will help me wire it all back up correctly since the previous owner kept all the cabling.

I don't think you will be able to get anything other then a generic wiring diagram, which isn't going to help. I tried multiple times, and when I finally got something for coax runs it was mostly incorrect. AV stuff, i've never seen any.

Look up Truknutt on the forum here, he still has a Cyclone of that era, think his may be a 2009.

In 2010 the model line was revamped quite a bit.