SOLVED: How do you remove a 120 volt outlet for replacement?

chiefneon

Howdy!

I have a 2014 Cyclone 4000 that has a 120 volt outlet that needs replacing. It’s bad enough that it’s located in a small cabinet hard to get to above the microwave. I trying to replace it but can not figure out how to remove it. These outlets are not like the residential ones. So those that are in the know can you please share the secret to removing and replacing these outlets. I did a search on this forum and the internet and have not found the solution.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

jbeletti

Re: How do you remove a 120 volt outlet for replacement?

If it's a non-GFCI outlet, you should be able to pry the wall plate off. Then you'll see 2 screws in opposite corners of the the outlet. Turn each a number of turns counter-clockwise. Think "remodel" type electrical boxes, except this is an outlet. It's unlikely you'll be able to or want to reuse the outlet once you pull it out of the cabinet and open it up.

danemayer

Many of my outlets have the 2 screws Jim mentioned. The screws operate a lever that when rotated 1/4 - 3/4 turn in one direction, go behind the thin wall material, locking the outlet into place. In the other direction, they lie against the outlet. When both levers are against the outlet, the outlet will easily pull away from the wall.

chiefneon

Howdy!

Thanks for the help. I popped off the face plate and removed the outlet. I was lucky enough that they left some wire for me to pull as to not have to work in that confining space. I installed the new residential outlet and everything is working fine. Once again I appreciate the help.

” Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

jbeletti

Howdy!

Thanks for the help. I popped off the face plate and removed the outlet. I was lucky enough that they left some wire for me to pull as to not have to work in that confining space. I installed the new residential outlet and everything is working fine. Once again I appreciate the help.

” Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Good deal Gary - thanks for letting is know it worked out well.

travis_g

The outlets in the trailers have the “spark arrest”, I think that’s what it’s called, box built in. If you replace it with a residential outlet, did you also install one of the blue wall boxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk