Electric Fireplace Question

relic57

Hi All, Have a 2017 big country 3450, question on the fireplace. It has been working great, had it on all night the other night and when I got up it wasn"t working, but the flame lights were on. Tried all the buttons and nothing ??. The manual if you can call it that says it is a 26" Curve insert Electric Fireplace model EF-30B, but it basically no help at all. I called Heartland parts, an service and pretty much the same no help. Then called Dave Carter and they informed me they were just the wholesale distributor. I took the back off of it and can not find a seral number or name of any kind. Any body have any ideas ??? , I think it s the control board, but maybe I should just get a new one. Any thoughts would be appricated. Thanks
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

jnbhobe

I have found a few with a wire on the thermostat coming off Just had to solder the wore back on.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yeah. What Jon says. Had to fix the FP in our previous BH twice for wires vibrating loose or broken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Hi All, Have a 2017 big country 3450, question on the fireplace. It has been working great, had it on all night the other night and when I got up it wasn"t working, but the flame lights were on. Tried all the buttons and nothing ??. The manual if you can call it that says it is a 26" Curve insert Electric Fireplace model EF-30B, but it basically no help at all. I called Heartland parts, an service and pretty much the same no help. Then called Dave Carter and they informed me they were just the wholesale distributor. I took the back off of it and can not find a seral number or name of any kind. Any body have any ideas ??? , I think it s the control board, but maybe I should just get a new one. Any thoughts would be appricated. Thanks
Dave
Relic57
If you call Heartland warranty/customer service with the last six of your Vin they should be able to provide a copy of the Build Sheet.
Serial numbers should be listed.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

B

BouseBill

Dave the fireplace is a Greystone electric fireplace. From what we could find it is no longer being made. We have the same model in our 2015 BigHorn which is going to be replaced on Wednesday next if the UPS man comes on time LOL

Between spending the summer on the wet side of Washington state (which is like winter anywhere else, and winters in AZ), we use our electric fireplace quite a bit. I have religiously pulled the fireplace out every 6 months to vacuum and blow the dust out with a compressor, but alas the 30B just does not do the job anymore. We would like to replace it with a Dimplex model but the rebuild of the box is more than I want to take on at this time.

The Greystone models are not that expensive so we have ordered this one to replace the 30B, hopefully it will fit right in;)

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Fireplaces/Greystone/277-000118.html#exp-productdetails=.reviews

Good luck
BillTVfireplace.jpg

The 000118 fits better than the 30B and actually puts out HOT air, the UPS man did arrive on time but the 1st replacement was damaged and was returned to etrailer.com on their dime. They were great to deal with, actually had a replacement for the replacement in the UPS system that afternoon without having to be ask, just on the pictures I sent of the damage.
Sorry for the delay in posting the picture, I fell and cracked a couple ribs and broke my middle finger on my left hand, been kinda moving around pretty slowly the last two weeks:(
It was so easy to replace SHMBO removed and replaced in no time at all:)

Last edited:

Piperflyer

You still can buy a replacement from Heartland for $231.00

- - - Updated - - -

Dave the fireplace is a Greystone electric fireplace. From what we could find it is no longer being made. We have the same model in our 2015 BigHorn which is going to be replaced on Wednesday next if the UPS man comes on time LOL

Between spending the summer on the wet side of Washington state (which is like winter anywhere else, and winters in AZ), we use our electric fireplace quite a bit. I have religiously pulled the fireplace out every 6 months to vacuum and blow the dust out with a compressor, but alas the 30B just does not do the job anymore. We would like to replace it with a Dimplex model but the rebuild of the box is more than I want to take on at this time.

The Greystone models are not that expensive so we have ordered this one to replace the 30B, hopefully it will fit right in;)

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Fireplaces/Greystone/277-000118.html#exp-productdetails=.reviews

Good luck
Bill

That might be to wide, my opening on my BH is only 25-5/8"

relic57

Thanks for the info I will call Heartland tomorrow and see about a new one, but my concern is the rough opening which is 25 1/2 wide by 20 1/2 high.I will also ck for any loose wires, but pretty sure I checked all of them
Dave

B

BouseBill

Piperflyer watch the short video, it's 28" edge to edge for the trim, IIRC it was 24 3/4" wide for the firebox, so it's narrow enough to fix in the box as built. If you order from Heartland I'm sure you will pay shipment fees which could be a bit for something that size.

I'll post pictures when the new one shows up Wednesday or Thursday.

Bill

Piperflyer

Piperflyer watch the short video, it's 28" edge to edge for the trim, IIRC it was 24 3/4" wide for the firebox, so it's narrow enough to fix in the box as built. If you order from Heartland I'm sure you will pay shipment fees which could be a bit for something that size.

I'll post pictures when the new one shows up Wednesday or Thursday.

Bill

That dimension is for the 26" flat screen fireplace (277-000118). My fireplace is the 26" curved screen fireplace and the (277-000394) that Etrailer offers is too big for my rough opening. I would have to go to the flat screen to replace.
And you are right about having to pay shipping from Heartland. They don't give anything for free.

Gary521

Here is a place that sells parts for the EF 30-B. Do not know anything about them.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://www.trekwood.com/products/469370/Fireplace-26-Curved-Electric-w-Remote-Control-EF-30B-LED-Black[/FONT]

sengli

You can always go and get a quartz heater to use, as they are a a lot less prone to die. Ours died several years ago and I was able to get parts to fix it. But I trust the heater a lot more than I did that fireplace.