Van wiring

KyleC

I'll try again, but when I had it connected before I cut the wires back, stripped them again and put them back in the wire nut and had nothing

Kyle

RDsStudio59

Ok Kyle, finally off the road and can try to help you out.
Rereading the string of post it looks like you have power being supplied by the van through the 7 way and to the junction box. I will also have to think that the power is going to the tail lamps as required because they work properly when connected to the work truck.
I highly suspect the ground (white wire) on the van side is either open or has high resistance. To check this circuit I would connect the test light on the pins for ground (white) and tail lamps (brown) on the van 7 way plug. With the headlamp switch in the on position the test light should illuminate.
It just occurred to me that you are tracing the green wire and the tail lamp circuit is brown.
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...lM:&vet=1&w=450&h=293&hl=en-US&source=sh/x/im

RDsStudio59

Not to leave all the lurkers hanging, Kyle and I have taken this private for a bit. One of us will surely report back after the gremlins are evicted.

Sent from Roger using my personal pocket pc on Tapatalk

KyleC

Roger has given me some pointers and we are slowly (me working after my kids go to bed) working through possible problems!

Kyle

KyleC

So we're calling it a green goblin! Roger has been a huge help! We tested all sorts of different things. As of right now the running light pin in the 7-way is only reading 2.33. The ground connection is good but it's not getting a strong power. The next step is to backtrack the wire going to the running lights! So off to Natchitoches in the morning with no running lights!! Louisiana rally here we come!

Kyle

Last edited:

RDsStudio59

I'm thinking there has been water intrusion into the back side of the 7 pin towing connection causing corrosion and high resistance. Or a high resistance in the wire from under hood fuse box to the 7 pin. The relays have been verified so a little more of Kyle's time troubleshooting and he will have a definitive answer.

Sent from Roger using my personal pocket pc on Tapatalk