Frameless rear window exit window

Gary521

I am on a trip now and have had a problem. The exit widow latch failed and the rear exit widow was flapping in the breeze going down the road. When I discovered this, the window was difficult to close. It appears that the hinge is sprung slightly. With this window, the hinge is between a non opening upper section. Does anyone know how to fix this or remove this window so the hinge can be worked on? For the time being I have wired the window shut but it still leaks a bit.
I know I can call Heartland and maybe Lippert but I am looking for some forum help.

carl.swoyer

I am on a trip now and have had a problem. The exit widow latch failed and the rear exit widow was flapping in the breeze going down the road. When I discovered this, the window was difficult to close. It appears that the hinge is sprung slightly. With this window, the hinge is between a non opening upper section. Does anyone know how to fix this or remove this window so the hinge can be worked on? For the time being I have wired the window shut but it still leaks a bit.
I know I can call Heartland and maybe Lippert but I am looking for some forum help.
A picture would of the damaged window would help

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Gary521

I will supply as soon as I can. Even though I was talking about the exit rear window, the question about the hinge could apply to any frameless window that is hinged in the middle.

bigdob24

Gary, not sure what you mean when the latch failed?
Did it break or just fail to stay in the locked position?
My last rig had a problem with the latch being weak and going down the road it would unlatch and allow the window to flap open.
Of coarse the latch handle is red and I drilled a small hole through the latch and into the frame.
I installed a small pin to lock it closed and can be quickly be removed if an emergency exit is needed.
If this is your problem it’s an easy fix, I used a pop rivet for the pin.
Not sure if this will help in your situation
Good luck in your repair
BT

Gary521

No, the latch is not the real problem. It is the hinge. It is slightly sprung / bent. Now the window is not sealing on one side and in one corner of the hinge. I would like to know how to repair the hinge. If I cannot repair the hinge, can the panel of glass be taken off by the hinge and the hinge and glass be replaced?

I am not sure how the window came open. It looks like the red latch slipped by the catch. I will worry about the latch when the hinge gets fixed.