Tires!! What is most everyone running?

I know this is a very popular subject! What is most everyone running? I currently have ST235/85R16 LR G Sailun S637, on my Bighorn I think I got one going bad. I know the whole ST to LT thing but I just want to know what ST brand and are you able to get a LR H in a 16? Let the mud slinging begin haha!

Thanks
Turlockbill

Lynn1130

Re: Tires!!

"Similar Threads" at the bottom of the page will have volumes of tire threads where everyone will pontificate on their tires and which is the best brand.

SNOKING

Re: Tires!!

I know this is a very popular subject! What is most everyone running? I currently have ST235/85R16 LR G Sailun S637, on my Bighorn I think I got one going bad. I know the whole ST to LT thing but I just want to know what ST brand and are you able to get a LR H in a 16? Let the mud slinging begin haha!

Thanks
Turlockbill

What are the indications that one is going bad? Chris

WBG

WBGavin
Goodyear G-614 LT 235/85 R16 Have been running them for 4 years on our BH 3570. Zero issues.

jnbhobe

Now is the time to watch your GY 614's I lost the tread on 2 of them at 4 yrs. thats why I now run Sailuns

Lynn1130

At the risk of repeating myself, I will mention this again. Most tire dealers, at least honest tire dealers, will tell you that 4 years is pushing the life of trailer tires. In Arizona 3 is closer to being replacement time. The long spells of sitting, the turning and backing without a differential puts major strain on the tire and tires sidewalls. Most sit for days, weeks and months in the elements, including sun which dry rots rubber, as well as other products. There will be those that tell you they have gone 5 or more years with the same tires. Good for them but that length of time is asking for a failure and possible major damage to your unit, not to mention the safety of you and others on the road. So, while the tread looks great at 4 years, there are probably hidden issues with the tire that will jump up and get you sooner or later.

Thanks for the response! I have found out that the way my tires are wearing (on the outside and inside) even though I always have proper tire pressure, is just a characteristic of the Sailun tires. But I will continue to keep a close eye on them.

Thanks
Turlockbill

Hogladyrider

Thanks for the response! I have found out that the way my tires are wearing (on the outside and inside) even though I always have proper tire pressure, is just a characteristic of the Sailun tires. But I will continue to keep a close eye on them.

Thanks
Turlockbill

Our Sailun's on our Cyclone we had the same wear pattern issue. We have replaced them with G114's Goodyear.
We had our Sailun's for 3 years. We opted to change tires when we upgraded this past fall to MORryde IS suspension and went form 7000 lb axles to 8000 lb axles and disc brakes. What a difference in the ride!

Safe travels.
Susan