Pump running constantly but water only spits out of faucets...

So our pump and water working as it should, turn on faucet, pump kicks on and provides water. However, after we filled the tank as always and flipped the Anderson valve back to “normal” the pump now runs constantly and water spits out of the faucet. Like it would do if the were air in the lines. We double checked the Anderson valve to ensure it’s in the correct position. Also, checked the pump bowl to make sure there wasn’t any cracks. We are out of ideas.... any advise would be appreciated.

danemayer

Assuming that it was working ok immediately before filling the tank, it may be that the o-rings inside the Anderson valve have failed. It's pretty easy to pull the cartridge out to inspect. The third item in this folder is a movie that shows how it's done. Further down in the folder is an Anderson Brass Replacement Parts Advisory that contains info on how to get replacement parts.

Assuming that it was working ok immediately before filling the tank, it may be that the o-rings inside the Anderson valve have failed. It's pretty easy to pull the cartridge out to inspect. The third item in this folder is a movie that shows how it's done. Further down in the folder is an Anderson Brass Replacement Parts Advisory that contains info on how to get replacement parts.

Thank you!! I was thinking something with the Anderson valve since they seem notoriously troublesome but I wasn’t sure.

TedS

If you have a valve for drawing in antifreeze when winterizing, make sure it is closed or the pump will draw in air.

Gary521

I just had the same thing happen to me. It was one of the "O" rings in the Anderson valve.

LewisP

After de-winterizing my 5th whl I filled my fresh water tank to go dry camping. The pump ran and only spit water,like it was trying to prime. I removed the cover in the storage compartment to look at the pump,the suction line was collapsed. I used compressed air to clear any blockages,it blew water back out of the water tank filler hose,still no water. Then I opened up the underside of the trailer and found the suction hose was routed over a frame rail causing a kink over time in the hose,I cut the kink out an rerouted it like was supposed to be. Now I have great water pressure. side note my trailer is a 2010 bought new, and never had good flow,enough to flush the toilet and wash dishes. Dealer said they come with cheap pumps and a more expensive one would be better. I wonder how many trailers have the same problem.

carl.swoyer

After de-winterizing my 5th whl I filled my fresh water tank to go dry camping. The pump ran and only spit water,like it was trying to prime. I removed the cover in the storage compartment to look at the pump,the suction line was collapsed. I used compressed air to clear any blockages,it blew water back out of the water tank filler hose,still no water. Then I opened up the underside of the trailer and found the suction hose was routed over a frame rail causing a kink over time in the hose,I cut the kink out an rerouted it like was supposed to be. Now I have great water pressure. side note my trailer is a 2010 bought new, and never had good flow,enough to flush the toilet and wash dishes. Dealer said they come with cheap pumps and a more expensive one would be better. I wonder how many trailers have the same problem.
If your Anderson valve is in the wrong position you could be cycling water from your fresh water holding tank and this is why your pump is running. Although it appears that you have your Anderson valve in the correct position move it to another position and see if it stops cycling but still pumps on demand.?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

LewisP

If your valve is brass remove the plastic handle and check to see if the handle is turning the valve, it does not take much of a bind to strip the handle. I had to replace both brass valves with plastic. Maybe they should use metal handles on the valves.