Needing help in ordering 2nd ac ...Original Duct may interfere with a ADB

We have a Bighorn 3100RL have finally decided to put in a 2nd non ducted ac in the bedroom. The ceiling air duct is so close to the roof vent opening I don't know if the Penguin II air distribution box will cover the vent. No dimensions for the Dometic ADB is listed anywhere. We are wired and all a go but I don't want it to cover up the existing duct. What do I do or what two order. Would help if any site would list the size so I can know. Any help would be WONDERFUL!! Thanks

danemayer

Hi davenbecky,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a pretty good chance someone has done this and will share what they know.

wdk450

We have a Bighorn 3100RL have finally decided to put in a 2nd non ducted ac in the bedroom. The ceiling air duct is so close to the roof vent opening I don't know if the Penguin II air distribution box will cover the vent. No dimensions for the Dometic ADB is listed anywhere. We are wired and all a go but I don't want it to cover up the existing duct. What do I do or what two order. Would help if any site would list the size so I can know. Any help would be WONDERFUL!! Thanks

I would contact Heartland Service (VIN at the ready) and ask them about this. They SHOULD have a recommended mfr/model for a 2nd Air conditioner, as it is a factory option.

Bones

Thanks that is what I am afraid of only have 3 1/2 inches from front of vent hole in ceiling to the ceiling air duct already there.. What did they do in 2008 to add a 2nd air. I am wired to do it ... Confused
If you order the Brisk Air II unit the ADB might be smaller. The pelican unit has a larger ADB

avvidclif

The Brisk Air II ADB is 16.5"x16.5". At least mine is. That's not much bigger than the 14"x14" hole.