Driver’s side storage door swinging in the wind

Hi guys,
I’m looking for ideas to keep the driver’s side storage door from swinging back and forth when I’m working at the UDC. Anyone come up with a good latch. My door open horizontally.
Thanks

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here's what we use.

0656a531c3f6fce6be85fde14e5080b6.jpg
e49c923cf8eba825df714da7f40d2cfe.jpg
ffac23a81f7cfd8db241e044737d5c9d.jpg
9eb9d2b0dfc140c1b6911420b74cc504.jpg
cf374228981354955f060e39226a39dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I did a similar modification except I used a longer door holder and put it at the top and horizontal to make it easier to use. I used aluminum plate on the inside of the doors to reinforce it.

Attachments

• Cargo Door Secured.jpg
    Cargo Door Secured.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 57
  • ODS Door Reinf..JPG
    ODS Door Reinf..JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 55

NYSUPstater

Funny this came up. While at local RV show earlier this month, saw a rubber bumper as well so door wouldn't hit side of coach. Often wondered why HL never either made this bumper standard or latch to keep door open as at times is a PITA. :confused:

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I installed the door latch with a good automobile accessory installation tape in 2010 and it is still doing fine. I didn't want to install it with screws because I don't want any holes in my rig's exterior.

jbeletti

I installed the door latch with a good automobile accessory installation tape in 2010 and it is still doing fine. I didn't want to install it with screws because I don't want any holes in my rig's exterior.

3M Trim Tape - awesome stuff! You can get this at most auto parts stores.

sengli

I went out and bought some stainless steel cable and, just made up a section of it, with the crimp on fittings... long enough to allow the door to open. But not too long, as to allow it to flap open and hit the body. When I shut the door that cable coils itself up inside and is out of sight.

That’s what I like about this forum. People willing to help and some great suggestions and solutions.
Thanks to you all for the ideas.
blazerjohn

esscobra

same as travel tiger except I have them reversed from his ,where longer latch part is on front of trailer not on door, the one I got has a indent so it locks against mount when not being used.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
same as travel tiger except I have them reversed from his ,where longer latch part is on front of trailer not on door, the one I got has a indent so it locks against mount when not being used.

Yes the "arm" locks in the upright position on ours.