Slide gasket

Linebaugh

I have a new to me 2012 bighorn 3610re. The slide gaskets are bad. Can I replace them myself with no experience ? What would it cost to have all four done for me? We’re do I order the gaskets? Thanks for any help.

sengli

steelerubber.com is a site that has a lot of the rubber slide pieces you will need. Most the slide seals slide on and off on tracks.

mlpeloquin

[h=1]D seal for the slides part number:
AP Products 018-312-EKD D Seal for EKD Base, Black, 1x15/16x35'

Wiper seal if needed:
AP Products 018-341 Black EK Slide-Out 1/2" x 2-3/4" x 35' Seal Base w/2" Wiper

[/h]

You can find them on Amazon, Ebay, and a number of places. Measure the footage you need and then order. To replace the D seals it runs on a track. Sometimes a screw is inserted in the end or ends and a thick bead of RTV silicone is on the end. For the top horizontal without slide toppers, a bead of silicone is run along the top and bottom edge to keep it in place. The edges are held in place with a screw top and bottom inside the D seal about an inch in. For a difficult insert, I have used soap spray to help the D seal slide in.

D seal for the slides part number:

Wiper seal if needed:

You can find them on Amazon, Ebay, and a number of places. Measure the footage you need and then order. To replace the D seals it runs on a track. Sometimes a screw is inserted in the end or ends and a thick bead of RTV silicone is on the end. For the top horizontal without slide toppers, a bead of silicone is run along the top and bottom edge to keep it in place. The edges are held in place with a screw top and bottom inside the D seal about an inch in. For a difficult insert, I have used soap spray to help the D seal slide in.

thanks

[h=1]D seal for the slides part number:

Wiper seal if needed:

[/h]

Thanks

wdk450

One last item on the D seals. Some people (including me) have had the end screw heads/washers pull through the rubber allowing the seal to slide horizontally in the mounting track. I came up with a "bigger washer" by using a 1/8 inch steel mending strip (like used in drawers and other wood stuff) and a 2nd screw, in place of the usual 1 small screw/round washer. This makes a much larger area rectangular washer that WILL NOT PULL THROUGH THE SEAL RUBBER. See image:
mending plate.jpg