Not happy with our current 5W

mobilrvn

We have a 2004 Montana 3575. Love the floorplan, hate the rig. It has been a piece of junk. Many, many normal problems, but then had to deal with a broken frame and all the great number of extra problems. Had it sort of fixed at the factory, but they sure didn't do a good job.

So here is my first question to you all in our quest for a future replacement. After purchase and nowhere in the sales brochure, the warranty and how to do it book stated that Montanas were not designed to use a a fulltimer's RV. Does Heartland RV have a similar disclaimer?

slaytop

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences with the Montana. They are popular trailers but I chose the Landmark because of their excellent quality.

I posted a response to another question and quoted a statement in the Landmark manual that relates to your question. I'm not sure how to have you find it with a simple click, but under Landmark "Ask the Factory", find the thread "Air and Heat" and look my post #5. The manual is full of these kinds of statements that cover many aspects of using the trailer. My feeling is it reduces company responsibility and places owners in the position that they should have read the manual if a problem occurs. With suit happy people all around, it is no surprise that these statements are made.

I think that the trailer can be used full-time but some have suggested adding some options to help with the extra demands that full-timing requires. Other members can help you more than I can since I have not used it for that purpose.

K

Ken Washington

It is my understanding that the heater, a/c, refrigerator and such are not made to run full time like the ones that we use in our homes. These suppliers will not back their warranty if they know that their product has been used by full timers. Heartland and the rest will not come right out and tell you this because they want you to buy their product!

Stella

Rally Survivor
full time rv

When my husband and I were shopping to replace our Holiday Rambler we picked the hotest day imaginable. Going from rig to rig and checking out features and benefits what struck us most was the comfort level inside the Holidays and the Landmark. Not to knock Montana, they had a floor plan I just loved but the formaldyhede smell oozing from the build of the camper was just overwhelming. The insulation facture in the Holidays and Landmarks made the unit almost comfortable even in miserable heat. Insulation ratings aside even prior to purchase the Landmark felt like a full time rv.

While we aren't full time yet, we try to use the camper every weekend and hopefully soon winter in Arizona. I think I've pushed and proded at everything in our unit and I feel comfortable with the rig as a full time unit.

mobilrvn

Thanks for the info--followed some other threads and found what I wanted. Guess it still bothers me that all of the implied advertising, brochures, etc. are appealing to full-timer RVers and there are a lot of us out there. Think we all realize that our use rate for certain items are more than the vacation camper, but most warranties are very short for most items---no different for full time residental use. This makes me believe that most of the "stuff" used in RVs must just be crap if it won't last the warranty time at a minimum.

Seems from what little I have read here on the various forums, maybe the industry should look for better air conditioning units. Know that some RVs are now using residential type refridgerators which are cheaper and more reliable--our Dometic has died after less than a year and a half and we are in Mexico using it like an icebox. Fortunately we installed a residential 5 cuft freezer so we can make ice until we can get it repaired.

I like the fact that Heartland reviews the forums and does respond to folks' problems.

Sthramann

In my Big Country owner's manual, it describes the unit as not made for full time use. I believe it references something about ventilation and moisture build up.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In my Big Country owner's manual, it describes the unit as not made for full time use. I believe it references something about ventilation and moisture build up.

Welcome to the forums! I'm a little curious, though. Did you notice you were replying to a thread that closed 3 years ago?:confused: