Furrion oven stone

bigdob24

We have the stone that came with the oven.
If I put it in the oven do I need to remove it for travel or can it be left in with out worrying about it cracking?
BT

Oldelevatorman

Leave it in the oven. We removed ours and put it in the pantry and it broke. Another Heartlander had a spare and gave it to us. You could bungee it to the oven rack or wrap a towel around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Left mine in the oven. No issues. These corderite stones are longer supplied. Cherish yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esscobra

For first year I left in holder in oven - but recently after hearing they are getting scarce and noticing a little sag in flimsy tray mounted to- I have been wrapping it in towel and putting on top of baking sheet for more even support

bigdob24

It looks like you remove the metal baffle and slide the stone in its place and just leave it?
Thanks
BT

i4110peter

It looks like you remove the metal baffle and slide the stone in its place and just leave it?
Thanks
BT

Thank you. Stone came with no instructions. Removed baffle, inserted stone. Fits like a glove. Now to see how long it will last. Happy baking!

Kbvols

My wife removes the stone during travel. The stone seems to really help with keeping even baking temps and heat distribution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

karapg

Could you tell me the approximate dimension of the stone that came with it please? I'm looking to buy a stone so the temp evens out and just don't know what size it needs to be! Thank you!

david-steph2018

Could you tell me the approximate dimension of the stone that came with it please? I'm looking to buy a stone so the temp evens out and just don't know what size it needs to be! Thank you!

The stone in our oven in the Road Warrior is 16 1/2 x 14 inches.

carl.swoyer

You can achieve the same result by using a ceramic tile.
I have one at home we use for pizza. Take your measurements and go to Home Depot or Lowe's or any place that sells tile and buy a tile that will fit inside.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

karapg

You can achieve the same result by using a ceramic tile.
I have one at home we use for pizza. Take your measurements and go to Home Depot or Lowe's or any place that sells tile and buy a tile that will fit inside.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness, that will be so much cheaper! Thank you!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you are going with tiles, use unglazed tile. I've read that glazing can release toxins that you don't want in your food.
Stick with a stone made for cooking.
We've found pizza stones at Goodwill, cheap.

Peace
Dave