Hour meter not counting the hours.

larrypart1

Brand new 3713 5th wheel, Oman 5500. The hour meter has power, showing 00, but after running the generator for 2 hrs it’s still showing 00. Looking at the wires coming from the generator to the power control area is overwhelming. I made a appointment to take the trailer in for that and some other small issues, but would like to fix it myself it at all possible. Any ideas?

Lynn1130

By "has power" do you mean that you checked the contacts on the back of the meter to see if you have 12 volts? Do you have the manual to research the problem there? I found several troubleshooting posts on the Internet with a search. You might try that also. BUT-if it is under warranty and you start fooling with it, it may no longer be eligible for warranty repair work.

larrypart1

By "has power" do you mean that you checked the contacts on the back of the meter to see if you have 12 volts? Do you have the manual to research the problem there? I found several troubleshooting posts on the Internet with a search. You might try that also. BUT-if it is under warranty and you start fooling with it, it may no longer be eligible for warranty repair work.

Yes, I checked the contacts, but left everything else alone because of the warranty. The manual doesn’t trouble shoot the meter. I was looking for an easy fix that I might not know about. Thanks for the reply.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have seen a couple new meters that did not work and the wires where hooked up backwards. I would try switching the wires .

danemayer

Attached diagram for remote wiring.

Attachments

• Onan Generator Remote Wiring HGJAB 983-0600B.pdf
    43.7 KB · Views: 16

larrypart1

I have seen a couple new meters that did not work and the wires where hooked up backwards. I would try switching the wires .

Thank you Katkens. I have an appointment with a local repair shop to look at it. While it’s under warranty I’ll leave the “try this” stuff to them.

Thank you for the reply

Larry