Mirrors 2018 Silverado

mmartin

I bought towing package on truck (factory), had not bought my trailer yet, speculated (but not confirmed) that the mirrors would work as well. Bought trailer, need wider mirrors.

There are myriads of mirrors, does anyone have some they have used and are happy with they can recommend? I want to use the stock mounts, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Garypowell

I really no little about aftermarket mirrors but on our 2015 3500 I had the bigger mirrors you are seeking and they worked excellent. Changed position for driver 1 and 2.

Excellent view in the standard part and the lower curved blind spot part was also perfect.

CoveredWagon

Heck I sometimes complain when not towing that the darn things are so big that they create blind spots when cornering. Maybe the OP has a 1500 Silverado.

Last edited by a moderator:

NP_Chief

FWIW... I ordered aftermarket tow mirrors for my Ford off of eBay. They were a plug and play replacement with power, heat, and blinkers. My Excursion is an 05, but I ordered the 08 and up square ones and they bolted right on. I believe they were around $150.

avvidclif

Just one question. Has the OP extended the mirrors? Even at that they are not wide enough for me. And a short rant, When is GM going to figure out how to do power extend like the Ford I had?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Even though my 2015 Chevy 2500HD has the tow package, it didn't come with the tow mirrors.

At first I was bummed out...but after checking some out on other trucks with them I'm glad I don't have those monstocities!

I bought these CIPA slip-on mirrors and love them!

I added some stick on mirrors to enhance the angles of view and they are great!

Plus can take them off when not needed.

CIPADriversMirror.jpg CIPAPassengerMirrir.jpg

mmartin

I ordered some of the CIPA, to try them and see if they do what I need. Appreciate the recommendations, guess some R&D money is needed here to find what works right for me. I will let you know how they work.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I ordered some of the CIPA, to try them and see if they do what I need. Appreciate the recommendations, guess some R&D money is needed here to find what works right for me. I will let you know how they work.

You'll need that wedge mirror on the passenger side as the CIPA is not very wide angle.

Got them at Auto Zone or O'REILLY'S Auto Parts for $3.00 each.

Made a world of difference and helps to keep an eye on the trailer tires while turning.

Last edited:

carl.swoyer

I bought towing package on truck (factory), had not bought my trailer yet, speculated (but not confirmed) that the mirrors would work as well. Bought trailer, need wider mirrors.

There are myriads of mirrors, does anyone have some they have used and are happy with they can recommend? I want to use the stock mounts, etc.

Thanks in advance.
My 2015 3500 dually have factory tow mirrors. I opted to not use the extension feature as i feel my viewing area is more than sufficient while stowed.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The ones on my 2009 GMC work just fine they extend outward manually. Large upper is electric and the smaller lower is manual. Maneuvering in the CG, I’ll adjust the large ones to view the sides of the trailer to avoid trees around curves. On the road, they’re set to see the lane on either side and the lowers watch the bottom half of the rig and close-in traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk