Jensen AMW 760

Bob Vaughn

Yesterday after arriving at the campground I discovered my Jensen was dead. Nothing worked not even the display I pulled it out and replaced the 15 amp fuse that I found. Still nothing.....There is 12 volt power as the lights in the cabinet work. What am I not doing. It worked before we left.....The instruction manual does not have a trouble shooting section and all the 12 volt fuses in the panel are good....

GK2018

The radio itself should have a fuse located somewhere near the wiring harness that plugs into the radio that may have blown. You might have to unplug the wiring harness on the radio to see it. You could also use a test light or a multimeter to ensure when it's plugged in theres power going to the hot wire on the radio. You may also take the radio out and pop the hood on your truck and using a fuse on the positive side hook the radio up directly to your trucks positive and negative battery post to see if it works. Hopefully that helps and you can get her to working again!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GK2018

Also of it has a removable faceplate try to remove it and then plug it back in, I had a pioneer that sometimes would lose connection while driving on bumpy gravel roads and that would fix the issue.

GK2018

Haha so I assumed it was a radio but after googling it, it's showing it's a power amp so that adds a bit more troubleshooting. You could check to make sure that none of your speakers are blown or shorting out since that can activate the "short circuit switch" inside the amp. Also check to ensure the REM terminal has 12V power going to it. There might also be a "thermal load protection" on the amp that if it gets too hot it'll trip and shut down the amp to fix that you'll need air circulation like a fan placed on it to disperse the hot air. Hopefully that helps!