Pictures question.

KenJ

Is there a thread somewhere with a walk thru on how to attach pictures to a posting?
I have a question and realize that a picture is worth a thousand words. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It's actually pretty easy.
When you click on + Reply to Thread, just above the box that you will type in your reply you will see three rows of little icons.
Top row will have a little paper clip. If you click that you can attach an image. You will be prompted on what to do.
Center row will have a small box and when you hold your cursor over it you will see Insert Image. Follow the bouncing ball.
You can test a post, you won't ruin anything.......I hope.
Try to attach a pic to this thread.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don't get the three little icons when I post or reply. If you scroll down to Additional Options, you'll see a Manage Attachments button. Click that, then use the Browse button you'll see. Use that to locate the photo in your files, and open it. It should then appear in the bottom of that screen box. Just close the box and the photo should be attached to your post.

roy67ss

I cannot get a picture to upload to a reply/post. I have followed all the normal instructions as far as 'upload' chosen file(s) but nothing gets uploaded. Is there a file size limit for posts and replies? or what am I doing wrong? I have tried both the 'insert image' icon and the attach file option.

danemayer

I cannot get a picture to upload to a reply/post. I have followed all the normal instructions as far as 'upload' chosen file(s) but nothing gets uploaded. Is there a file size limit for posts and replies? or what am I doing wrong? I have tried both the 'insert image' icon and the attach file option.

Although I don't remember the limit, there is one. What is the byte count for the picture, and what is the file name, including extension?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When you get to the File Upload Manager click on the little question mark located in the upper right corner.
This will provide a list of file types and sizes allowed.

Peace
Dave

roy67ss

I have reduced the size of the picture to 434 kb and it is 1024 x 768 pixels. It is a jpg file. I believe this is well within the size limitations and it will still not upload. The name of the file is 'Switches end of counter - labeled2.jpg'. The list of acceptable files shows jpg. I am stumped.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Lemme see if I can document the process by doing it.
1. Go to the Additional Options section below your post (before posting it)
2. Click the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button to open the FILE UPLOAD MANAGER box
3. Click the +ADD FILES button in the upper right corner
4. Click the CHOOSE FILES button. This will take you to your device drive where you can find the photo(s) you want to add.
5. Once you've located the photo file(s), click on the photo. This should take you to a box asking what you want to do.
6. With the file name displayed in the info box, click OPEN. You should then be taken back to the FILE UPLOAD MANAGER box.
7. In the FILE UPLOAD MANAGER box, click the +UPLOAD button in the same box where the CHOOSE FILES button is.
8. The photo icon should now appear in the ATTACHMENTS area of the FILE UPLOAD MANAGER box.
9. If more photos are desired, repeat the process. If not, click the DONE button at the lower right.
10. You should now be back at your unsent post and the photo file name listed under the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button.
11. Satisfied, hit the SAVE button under your post to send it.

I used a photo of my switch panel cabinet from the old BH 3670 we used to have.

Attachments

• Switch Cabinet.jpg
    Switch Cabinet.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

danemayer

I have reduced the size of the picture to 434 kb and it is 1024 x 768 pixels. It is a jpg file. I believe this is well within the size limitations and it will still not upload. The name of the file is 'Switches end of counter - labeled2.jpg'. The list of acceptable files shows jpg. I am stumped.

Try shortening the name. I'm not sure about this, but maybe.

roy67ss

Lemme see if I can document the process by doing it.
1. Go to the Additional Options section below your post (before posting it)
2. Click the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button to open the FILE UPLOAD MANAGER box
3. Click the +ADD FILES button in the upper right corner
4. Click the CHOOSE FILES button. This will take you to your device drive where you can find the photo(s) you want to add.
5. Once you've located the photo file(s), click on the photo. This should take you to a box asking what you want to do.
6. With the file name displayed in the info box, click OPEN. You should then be taken back to the FILE UPLOAD MANAGER box.
7. In the FILE UPLOAD MANAGER box, click the +UPLOAD button in the same box where the CHOOSE FILES button is.
8. The photo icon should now appear in the ATTACHMENTS area of the FILE UPLOAD MANAGER box.
9. If more photos are desired, repeat the process. If not, click the DONE button at the lower right.
10. You should now be back at your unsent post and the photo file name listed under the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button.
11. Satisfied, hit the SAVE button under your post to send it.

I used a photo of my switch panel cabinet from the old BH 3670 we used to have.

I am good thru step 7 and have been since the beginning. Step 8 does not happen. I have successfully added the photo to my post the IRV2 forum with no problems. There is something about this forum that is creating the problem. I am not new to forums and adding photos to them. Been doing it for many years. I thought maybe my ad blocker or malware bytes might be blocking but, there is no indication of that.

danemayer

I am good thru step 7 and have been since the beginning. Step 8 does not happen. I have successfully added the photo to my post the IRV2 forum with no problems. There is something about this forum that is creating the problem. I am not new to forums and adding photos to them. Been doing it for many years. I thought maybe my ad blocker or malware bytes might be blocking but, there is no indication of that.

What browser?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Attached is the picture in question.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• 1687A75041F44C4386707366164CF96A.jpg
    1687A75041F44C4386707366164CF96A.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 20

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That file name was auto generated here.
I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

Peace
Dave

roy67ss

That file name was auto generated here.
I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

Peace
Dave

I don't think so either. The only thing I can think of is being a new member with only 8 posts to my credit and although it says I can post attachments, the system does not recognize that and may in fact require more than 2 posts to qualify.