Splendide Spinning Knob

CornelR

[SIZE=+1]The Splendide Italian made washer/dryer combo knob just spins on wash cycle and it also does not properly dry clothing. We followed the "Reset" instructions to no avail.[/SIZE]

danemayer

I don't have the combo unit, but mine has a boatload of wash cycles, including one that only spins. What wash cycle is yours set to?

CornelR

It is actually the control knob that spins around and the unit shuts off prematurely. I was not clear, sorry.

mlpeloquin

I have the combo unit. Mine would not go into the start a cycle. Travel to the next site and it would work. After several times it would not function anymore. We had several brown outs at one RV park with very low voltage. We do have a Progressive surge protector internally installed, but at one volt above the cutoff voltage was too much apparently. For the living room TV and convection oven as well. I suspect this is what caused allthe problems. I called Splendide and was told the control board was bad. I had purchased the extended warranty and they sent me a new control board, the installation instructions which was the technical service manual, and color pictures for the change out. I wanted to do the work myself. They would have paid a RV dealer to do it. I know the dealer and would never let them touch my fifth wheel. So you may need a new control board and it is not hard to replace.

By the way, the control knob on ours does not spin when running. What model do you have? We have the knob that sets the type of running cycle and the knob the set the time for the drying cycle.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I also recommend calling Splendide customer service. I dealt with them in the past to fix a damaged water distribution assembly on mine (due to improper winterizing) that leaked water. Easy to talk with and get help from. The machine is pretty simple to work on once you remove the top cover.