Level Up 6 Point is a PITA

avvidclif

Pulled into a rv slot yesterday that was nowhere close to being level. The genius in the box determined I was too far off level to do anything so I couldn't manually adjust it. I re-calibrated the level to my current condition which allowed me to manually operate it. When I got close it decided again I was too far off and quit. Re-calibrate again and then finished leveling. Then when all was level I had to re-calibrate it again. What a PITA. I carry a lot of 4x6 blocks and several 6x8 just for these occasions so when finished the jack were not fully extended even though the 2 DS wheels were off the ground (1-2").

Pictures tell the tale. It may not be a level site but the view is wonderful.

Attachments

• IMG_2471 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2471 (Medium).JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2473 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2473 (Medium).JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 73

Oregon_Camper

I've had some crazy sites like that too. My solution is a shovel. I will dig out a small ditch for the 2 tires to drop into. This gets us 90% there, then the jacks do the rest of the work. Then I put a note on my steering wheel to remind me to replace the dirt when we depart. Just need to be aware of the drainage pipe, so they don't hit the ground.

You can see in this picture the ditch I had to dig out. You can tell the site is not level, as drivers side jacks are hardly out, while passenger side is extended a lot more.

Capture.JPG

Mrsfish

I was just going to post the same solution. The one time we elected to level using blocks in that kind of site with a severe slope we broke the mounting on the middle level up leg. Shovel, baby, shovel

avvidclif

Why not just let the air out of the tires on the high side. makes about as much sense. My COPD precludes digging ditches. Now what.