has anyone done a winter in bighorn traveler 39fl

yellowamc

new here and first heartland love it so far. looking to go full time this year has anyone spent a winter in bighorn traveler 39fl?

danemayer

Hi yellowamc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

There's winter in Florida or south Texas, and there's WINTER in North Dakota. The answer depends a lot on where you plan to winter.

In general, there are 2 aspects to winter camping: 1) keeping the interior at a comfortable temperature, 2) keeping the water running. In extreme cold, the water is usually the tougher problem.

Take a look at our owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide. It'll help you with keeping the water running.

yellowamc

Hi yellowamc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

There's winter in Florida or south Texas, and there's WINTER in North Dakota. The answer depends a lot on where you plan to winter.

In general, there are 2 aspects to winter camping: 1) keeping the interior at a comfortable temperature, 2) keeping the water running. In extreme cold, the water is usually the tougher problem.

Take a look at our owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide. It'll help you with keeping the water running.

I live in central Utah. Spent most of my life in upstate NY so winter here to me seems pretty mild. This will be our first attempt at full time. I believe my unit has heated tanks and I plan on skirting it as well

rmn72

We did two winters in a Bighorn Traveler 37SS in Memphis. There was a two week period where it got down to zero a few nights. We had heat tape on the water hose, a work light under a bucket at the water faucet and a work light hanging on the sewer pipe. Other than using propane like mad, we did fine.