Is it broke?

brianlajoie

When un-winterizing last Friday, I discovered a crack in the elbow of the 3-way valve (water heater side). That is the white elbow in the picture. I was able to remove the ring and unscrewed the fitting. The black valve part came apart when I got the elbow loose. It was connected to the 3-way valve. I was able to get the brass elbow and extender connector to replace the elbow as a work around. When I went to reconnect to the 3-way valve, the black part would not screw back in. Upon closer examination, the black part did not have typical screw threads but concentric threads. I think the piece is pressed into the valve at manufacture. I cannot press it back in and if I could, I'm not sure the ribs would hold the pressure anyway. I'm thinking I may have to replace the entire 3-way valve. Does anyone have any experience with this problem to tell me if I need to replace the whole valve or not?

20190528_170523[1710].jpg

Brian

brianlajoie

At the national rally, the Heartland field crew really came through. We hadn't had water in the trailer for 3 weeks and when we asked if we could be put on the minor repair list for the by pass valve, the repair crew put us on the 'hot sheets' list and our request was brought to the top of the repairs. The repair was done the next morning. Yay Heartland!!!

jbeletti

At the national rally, the Heartland field crew really came through. We hadn't had water in the trailer for 3 weeks and when we asked if we could be put on the minor repair list for the by pass valve, the repair crew put us on the 'hot sheets' list and our request was brought to the top of the repairs. The repair was done the next morning. Yay Heartland!!!

Awesome!