Newbie Help

biddysere

Hi, and glad to be a new member.
I bought a 2012 North Trail today! I plugged it into the power and I think I overloaded my 110 connection? The A/C and the tv suddenly turned off. Of Course, we also had every light on in the trailer! I checked the little bitty breaker box and everything seemed good. Is there another breaker box somewhere else I'm not seeing? It's just those 2 things that seemed to lose power.
Thanks!

danemayer

Hi biddysere,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Your lights are powered by the 12V DC system: battery, plus output of the power converter. The A/C and TV are powered by 120V AC from shore power. Do you have a microwave? Have you checked any of the outlets to see if they're working?

You'll also want to check whatever power source you're plugged into. You could have tripped that breaker. The lights would still work because they're getting battery power (until the battery runs down).

wdk450

Do you have a 30 amp supply or 50 amp supply? The 30 amp supply plug has 3 prongs; the 50 amp supply plug has 4 prongs. If you have the 30 amp supply it is very easy to pull too much overall amps and usually trip the outside supply circuit breaker at the RV park pedestal. If you are using an adapter to an extension cord to your house, the house circuits typically only have 15 amps before the breaker trips. A microwave pulls about 11 amps, the air conditioner about 12 amps, the electric water heater about 10 amps, the 2 way refrigerator about 4 amps (on AC heating power), the battery converter/charger pulls a couple of amps. Any other plug-in devices that heat can pull 5-10 amps.

The 30 amp RV supply has up to 30 amps available from its special outlet/breaker. The 50 amp RV supply actually has 2 - 50 amp supplies together for a total of 100 amps. It is easy to overdraw from a 30 amp RV supply - much harder to overdraw from a 50 amp RV supply