Control Panel - Two tank monitors not working

On my Torque T285 the control panel has small push in buttons to check tank levels. The two gray water and fresh water tank monitors light up just fine. The black water monitor does not light up at all except for a rare instance where it flashes on then back off. It worked fine at home a few days ago. The battery monitor does the same thing. Any ideas on how to fix would be appreciated. Are there separate fuses for each monitor? Can connections come loose behind the panel? Is this a repair shop item? I' m not excited about pulling the panel myself.

danemayer

Hi Yellowassateague,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Those test panels usually are pretty reliable, but the sensors at the tanks are usually pretty worthless. If you have some lights that illuminate reliably, the panel is getting power. As you're having intermittent problems with the battery monitor, that argues the problem is at the panel. So it's possible there are loose connections on the back side of the panel. Or you may just need a new panel.

The Torque is at a nearby RV dealer for repair of the monitor panel. They say the board is bad. The RV dealer is not a Heartland dealer so they are trying to make contact with Heartland to get a new board. The dealer where I bought the camper is 2 hours away. It has been 3 days and no response from Heartland. Is this typical of Heartland? Should we be trying another method of contact?

danemayer

The Torque is at a nearby RV dealer for repair of the monitor panel. They say the board is bad. The RV dealer is not a Heartland dealer so they are trying to make contact with Heartland to get a new board. The dealer where I bought the camper is 2 hours away. It has been 3 days and no response from Heartland. Is this typical of Heartland? Should we be trying another method of contact?

Heartland will usually authorize warranty work by a non-Heartland dealer, or independent servicer, or mobile servicer. BUT prior approval is required. You should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Explain the situation and ask them to authorize this dealer to replace the board. It's possible you may have to pay the dealer and get reimbursement from Heartland. If so, you should ask Heartland how much they will reimburse. Warranty labor rates are often lower than walk-in post-warranty labor rates. You may have to negotiate with the dealer if they ask for the walk-in rate.

It may seem like this is too complicated, but most RV manufacturers will just tell you to go back to your selling dealer. Heartland is extremely flexible by comparison.

As for Heartland not responding, without knowing who at Heartland was contacted and in what way, it's impossible to say why they've not gotten a response. Could be as simple as them leaving a voicemail message for someone who's on vacation.

Randall27

I’m having this same exact issue with my grey and black water lights. What happen with your’s did they end up changing the whole thing out? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk