Quick connect propane hose question

I have an older grill that I have been using for years that connects to a standard 20lb propane tank. I have called several camping dealers and no one seems to know where I can get a quick connect adapter to work with my 2019 Heartland Mallard 185. Perhaps I am not asking the right questions?

BarbandFrank

Try this website - propanegear.com. We bought a quick connect kit to attach our Weber Q grill to our rig’s propane.

Good luck.

danemayer

A standard propane tank is "high pressure". The trailer quick connect is downstream from the regulator and is "low pressure". You may find a fitting, but the grill won't get enough propane to work.

You need a 3-way fitting. One fitting attaches to your propane tank. The 2nd fitting attaches to the hose you disconnected from the propane tank. The 3rd supplies the grill. You need to be able to "cap" the 3rd fitting for times when the grill is not attached.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Most likely, your quick connect on your RV is low pressure LP and may not work properly with your grill.

The grill I have is designed for low pressure system.

On the other hand. You can get hoses to connect to quick connect on your RV. You must remove the regulator in your grill and still have a control knob to adjust gas flow. Your grill may or may not work properly and may have other issues.
Here is one hose that may work.
https://www.campingworld.com/rv-propane-connection-hose-66677.html

A better method may be a tee that goes between the propane tank and RV regulator and provides high pressure gas to your grill.
https://www.campingworld.com/propane-adapter-tee-30336.html

LBR

Amazon has the quick disconnect hoses in different lengths that you could use...got our 12' hose there.

bradapp

I bought a gas shutoff valve, elbow and qc female fitting at lowes, installed them in the manifold on the side that splits for the fridge and stove. Then had amerigas build me a 3/8" X 20' hose with the 3/8" flare fitting on the other end. removed my hose and regulator off of my blackstone flattop and gas fire pit. hook it up and they both work great on regulated rv gas!!!