Battery dead after 2 weeks in storage. 2019 Sundance.

DRBrown

Apparently I have a reasonably bad static current draw on my new trailer. Parked it two weeks ago, fully charged, made sure everything was off and got a call today saying my trailer is beeping. Went down to check it out and found the CO detector beeping due to low voltage and the battery stone dead, I can't find anything else on, TV is disconnected. Trailer does not have a battery disconnect(yet, I may add one). Seems like an awful short amount of time to kill a brand new interstate deep cycle. Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks!
Daniel.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Without a battery disconnect your battery will discharge due to parasitic draws. Your LP gas detector is working and if you have a 12 volt radio it is in idle mode. It is not unheard of to find that a light was left on in a storage compartment.
The battery disconnect can be your friend.

Peace
Dave

donr827

My first trailer did not have a cut off switch either. What I did when I returned to the storage lot was to disconnect the negative wire from the battery.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That was a problem with our former TT in storage. Disconnected the battery terminal to prevent it. With the BH, it would happen when leaving the rig at the dealer for service until I installed a cut-off switch. Fortunately, I could get enough power from the truck to operate the front jacks to tow it home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I also just disconnect the negative wire from the battery when parking it in storage during the winter months.

Although, here in the Arizona summer heat I remove the battery completely as they tend to boil over if left in the battery box.

Just bought a new battery a month ago as that boiling over in the RV pretty much destroyed the old one.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I also just disconnect the negative wire from the battery when parking it in storage during the winter months.

Although, here in the Arizona summer heat I remove the battery completely as they tend to boil over if left in the battery box.

Just bought a new battery a month ago as that boiling over in the RV pretty much destroyed the old one.

I remove the battery when I put it in storage for the winter. Keep it in the garage and connect it to my charger occasionally.