Figuring Out the Coax Connections

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
Just a thought about the coax issue: I had a problem with the cable input on my 2016 Cyclone, and after hours of troubleshooting discovered an improperly installed connector on the outside of the coach; there was a stray wire from the shielding wrapped around the core wire. I used a multimeter with a 15' long jumper to determine which inputs on the outside of the coach went to which output on the inside as judged by resistance. Found no resistance between the outside core and the inside shielding so finally figured there was a bad connecter.

I also identified which of the five (5!) outside inputs went to where inside the coach. My findings did not match up with the decals that came with it!

My living room/kitchen slide will not retract. When the button is pushed the motor does not run. The bedroom slide operates as it should. I called Heartland support but the technician was unable to help me. He suggested I have a mobile repair service look at it. I'm in upper Michigan and have not found a mobile service yet. I've checked all circuit breakers, fuses and wire connections. I found a diagram that shows the switch layout and how to troubleshoot it. The actual wire colors do not match the diagram but I checked it as well as I could. I'm not really sure if I did it right. I could not find 12v anywhere. I checked the bedroom switch and was able to find 12v on it. The troubleshooting instructions said to check wire connections and circuit breakers. All looks good. Would the absence of 12v on the switch indicate a bad switch? Any help with this problem will be appreciated. I'm near Marquette, MI. If anyone knows a mobile repair service near here let me know.

A wire was disconnected from the switch. I was looking in the panel behind the switches to troubleshoot my satellite coax wiring, (not solved yet), and I must have pulled the wire loose from the switch. It was hidden and I did not find it until just now as I was trying to find where each wire went. I'm glad is was a simple fix, but embarrassed I didn't find it right away. Thanks for all the suggestions. Now to find that coax problem.

david-steph2018

Re: Slide will not retract

See the first post. I've solved my problem.

Mike when you get it figured out let me know were the splitter is located on the Road Warrior. I need to work on our now since I am now retired and we go full time in 16 days, officially.

txtinman

Re: Slide will not retract - RESOLVED

My coax issue is still not fully solved. I bought a portable satellite dish and could not get it to work by connecting to the port in the UDC. I found that the UDC was not marked correctly. The port marked for the bedroom TV went to the living room TV. The port marked coming from the roof cable for the bedroom went to the bed room. I have yet to find where the cables marked for the living room go to. I thought they would go to the garage and basement TVs, but so far I've not been able to get those to work. The cables leaving the UDC are orange and they exit the ceiling as grey and black. I bought a tester from Lowes to help trace them but I found that if the cable goes through a splitter it will not always read correctly. In my Road Warrior there are 2 splitters located in the cabinet above the TV. They are located behind a panel in the back corner.

LBR

Re: Slide will not retract - RESOLVED

My coax issue is still not fully solved. I bought a portable satellite dish and could not get it to work by connecting to the port in the UDC. I found that the UDC was not marked correctly. The port marked for the bedroom TV went to the living room TV. The port marked coming from the roof cable for the bedroom went to the bed room. I have yet to find where the cables marked for the living room go to. I thought they would go to the garage and basement TVs, but so far I've not been able to get those to work. The cables leaving the UDC are orange and they exit the ceiling as grey and black. I bought a tester from Lowes to help trace them but I found that if the cable goes through a splitter it will not always read correctly. In my Road Warrior there are 2 splitters located in the cabinet above the TV. They are located behind a panel in the back corner.

The UDC is marked correctly...the cable connectors are miswired is all.

Sounds like the 2 you know about need to be swapped to the correct port per the UDC description. The other 2 (marked living room) go up to the roof and deadhead for a future/permanent antenna installation.