AC Air Flow

rvology

We have a 2019 Heartland Mallard M28. The row of AC vents that are on the door side have great airflow and put out most of the AC. The off door side has hardly any air flow, if any. Can anyone tell me what might be going on. It’s been this way since we’ve owned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rvology

Check and make sure that nothing is blocking airflow into the ductwork from the AC. Sometimes wiring or other things can be blocking the airflow.

It used the metal foil tape to help seal any areas that could be leaking cold air and improve air flow.
https://www.menards.com/main/paint/adhesives-glue-tape/tape/foil-tape/duck-reg-all-purpose-aluminum-metal-repair-tape-1-88-x-10yd/280416/p-1444442301284-c-7181.htm

So is it safe to say that both sides are AC output and not one side output and the other intake?

When I was taking delivery Camping World stayed one side was output and the other was intake which I doubted from day one because the offdoor side always had very little output.

Fox

In my unit all vents along the door side BLOW cold air.
All vents along the off-door side SUCK air, and should have filters installed within them.

20190602_173703.jpg20190603_193358.jpg

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
So is it safe to say that both sides are AC output and not one side output and the other intake?

When I was taking delivery Camping World stayed one side was output and the other was intake which I doubted from day one because the offdoor side always had very little output.

Correct, Most likely AC in the Mallard which is similar to the north trails.

Do you know what brand AC you have? Coleman, Dometic etc. you have?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The ducted AC basically is distributed through a channel that is laid out like a big H with the AC in the middle. The vents running down each side of the RV and the AC bridging between the two ducts.

the intake may one or more filtered vents in the ceiling assembly. Removing the ceiling assembly gives access to the bridged area of the ductwork. sometimes the wires partially can block one side of the duct and misbalanced airflow out the vents can be the results.