Replacing leveling jack

mjklm

Hello,
I need to replace one of my leveling jacks, which is fairly easy. in my case though I don't have access to put a lock nut on the bolt. My current one is attached to a steel tube with
what looks like some type of self taping bolt......I assume......I hate assuming. Anyway, has anyone ever replaced one like that and if so, can I use the existing bolt , which I'm wary of doing
or have to purchase new hardware and any ideas where I can find them.

As always, thanks for any help.
m

danemayer

It may help to know your trailer model, floor plan, and year. Also which jack and whether electric or hydraulic.

mjklm

It may help to know your trailer model, floor plan, and year. Also which jack and whether electric or hydraulic.

It's just a manual leveling scissor jack, nothing complicated 21 ft 2011 focus, rear jack on right side. My concern is bolting it on, can I use the existing self taping bolts if not do I have to
make new holes and where can I find new bolts if necessary

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Just my practice with those self tappers..
If your useing hand tools to remove and replace you could use the old ones in the same hole no problem. If your using a 12v power tools you could still use the old ones same hole. If you use a 20v impact driver i usually grab new ones because it will twist the heads off the older screws.
They are probably 1/4" x 1" self tappers.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk