Military Base Campgrounds?

dzwhit18

Anyone have an experience with Military campgrounds? My husband is retired Army and we are headed to the Camp Lejune’s onslow beach campground at the end of the month. Any advice or tips?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We stayed at one in Wisconsin and it was very nice. The couple that we were with are retired military. I know other military retirees that stay on bases when they can. Some are more popular and are hard to get into.

jerryjay11

We have used several Military campgrounds while doing a cross-country trip and back. Best advice is to reserve a site ahead of time. All the bases we've used have firearms restrictions. None allowed!

Fox

In the past we often frequented the Ft Rucker, AL campground; with Senior Pass it's $13.50 /nite. Water, power included - lone sewer dump at entrance. Nice bath house w/ community room that provides wifi. The grandkids enjoy the numerous low-flying copters.

For me the very best was it has an area where the dogs can run/ play / swim (off-leash).

No problems with our former 32 footer but the newer 42' one catches branches using their u-shaped pull thrus - causing scratches that didn't buff out.

We have an August reservation at Destin (FL) Military Campground coming up.