Hydraulic Slide and Landing Gear not working

chrisb3

Had the trailer 2014 Road Warrior all hooked up and ready to go. Went to put in the slides and my hydraulic slide wouldn't come in. No noise, no power, just dead. Tried the manual crank with a drill and that doesn't do anything either. My landing gear isn't working either. So now my truck is stuck connected to the trailer with a slide out so I can't take it anywhere to get help.

I tried using a volt meter to see where the issue was. From what I could tell, power wasn't getting to the Trombetta solenoid. I replaced it and now power is leaving, but the motor is still dead.

What can I do? I really don't want to pay the $850 for a new motor.

david-steph2018

Have you looked at the breakers in the front compartment? The individual breakers for the slides and other items will reset automatically. My main breaker is a manual reset, I believe it is a 50 amp breaker. Mine are covered by a red rubber boot. Check and make sure the main breaker has not tripped. Mine is in the compartment with the batteries, not the generator side.

danemayer

When you use the drill to operate the pump manually, you have to first open the appropriate valve so the hydraulic fluid can flow. Once the slide or legs are retracted/extended, close that valve and move to the next.

If your manual reset breaker is tripped, your batteries may be dead and no power is getting through from the Power Converter.

If no power was getting TO the trombetta, I don't know why replacing it would help. Also don't know what you mean when you say power is leaving it now.

I've attached a picture of the manual reset breaker. It's in a row of little breakers near the batteries, covered by a red rubber boot. The reset button is teeny-tiny and hard to see.

Attachments

• circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 14