left door flapper alignment RM1350

jimpav

Does anyone know how to adjust the flapper on the bottom of the left lower door so that it glides into the guide plate without having to slightly lift the door so that the flapper pin falls into the guide plate?
Searching the forum, there was a post by Dan in 2012 about a new guide plate, but his is a 2019 model. There was also a post from 2012 about adjusting the set screw on the bottom of the hinges to raise the door, but this model doesn't have that opening. It seemed to have worked perfectly for about two months. Thanks in advance!

2019 RM1350 SL 4 door, no ice maker

ATLJOHN

We have the same ref rig in our 2011 BH. We manually guide the flipper so the door closes correctly. If we don’t the refrig gets hot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

If the flap gets stuck open, you have a gigantic gap where warm air enters the refrigerator.

On your 2011, you should call Dometic and ask for Flap mounting brackets: new part #s 3851102024 and 3851103022. The flap brackets were redesigned back in 2011 or 2012 and guide the flap in a more aggressive manner so the closure is positive. They sent me a set at no charge, but after so many years, I don't know if they still are giving them away.

I'd let them know you've been having to close the flap manually for 8 or 9 years and just heard about this engineering change. Maybe they'll send them at no charge.

You could also try a little grease on the upper and lower brackets where the flap pivots.

If you or your friend has a 2019 RM1350, I don't know about adjustments. You might call Dometic Customer Service to see if they have suggestions.

ATLJOHN

I did call Dometic yesterday and after asking to send me the new updated brackets as good will. They are sending me the new brackets free of charge. This is great customer service. Thanks for given heads up regarding the new brackets,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk