Quiet AC?

hbdawg

I have a 32RS and wonder if it is possible to replace the main room AC with one of the new quiet ACs. After the unit cools down we cut the bedroom AC off so it is not an issue. With the main room AC running we have to turn up the TV, stereo and our conversations. We were debating between a Montana and the Bighorn and ultimately decided on the Bighorn due to all the storage and my other half found it more comfortable. I have no regrets but sure wish the AC was quieter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrisandsama

I have a 32RS and wonder if it is possible to replace the main room AC with one of the new quiet ACs. After the unit cools down we cut the bedroom AC off so it is not an issue. With the main room AC running we have to turn up the TV, stereo and our conversations. We were debating between a Montana and the Bighorn and ultimately decided on the Bighorn due to all the storage and my other half found it more comfortable. I have no regrets but sure wish the AC was quieter.
Is the quick cool vent on the unit closed? It is fairly quiet with it closed running the air through the duct work.

Lou_and_Bette

Not sure if your rig has both a/c's tied into a common duct system like ours but, if it is, and you are able to get by with only one a/c running (not like us here in Texas with the high heat) but when we are in that situation, we leave the Bedroom unit cranking and turn off the living room. Then, when we retire, we reverse that so the bedroom is quiet but still cool and the noise is in the LR. If you aren't ducted, or even if you are and want a little extra cool air to the room with the a/c turned off, place a small fan to help send the cool air to the location you want. Cheaper than replacing unit.

Chrisandsama

Not sure if your rig has both a/c's tied into a common duct system like ours but, if it is, and you are able to get by with only one a/c running (not like us here in Texas with the high heat) but when we are in that situation, we leave the Bedroom unit cranking and turn off the living room. Then, when we retire, we reverse that so the bedroom is quiet but still cool and the noise is in the LR. If you aren't ducted, or even if you are and want a little extra cool air to the room with the a/c turned off, place a small fan to help send the cool air to the location you want. Cheaper than replacing unit.
Our 2018 both dump into a common duct system not sure if his 2019 is the same.

sengli

In our older big horn, we had the same thru the ceiling mounting as your s does. And yes it was not quiet. We did the alternate AC's routine. Ran the one in the end we werent for years. Now the whisper quiet system in the current unit, is much quieter.

But I am of mind that the way its ducted is more likely to cause the noise to be less than the actual AC unit itself.