Henry Tropi-Coll Roof Coating

pnnf

Hello Everyone,

My rig is in need of a new roof. I will be unable to get to it till next season as i need to strip the roof down to the framing and put down all new plywood and more than likely some insulation. Its a long story but I found that there was extensive damage to the roof and some areas have only the EPDM material spanning areas of missing plywood. Luckily the areas of missing plywood are not large in area so I dont think i will need to worry too much about the EPDM sagging and puling away from the sides and/or caps. The EPDM material is "newer" and not damaged ,as far as I can tell, it was just put down over a very bad roof. I believe the untreated EPDM is black in color. The material I have on my roof is more like an off white or even pinkish in color. So if it is coated its supper thin at best. Knowing now that I will not be able to get to it right away and will have to go thru winter like this Im looking for a good roof coating.

I dont want to spend too much as I will be ripping it off come spring. I have used the Dicor in the past and have to say that I am not a fan. I know it is the "go to" product but it always seemed too thin for my liking. Ive been doing some searching and reading forums and came across a product that sounds like it would fit what im looking for. I was wondering if any of you have any knowladge about this product or some other ideas that may help.

Okay, The product I found is available at the Home Depot. Its called "Henry 4.75 Gal. 887 Tropi-Cool 100% Silicone White Roof Coating".

henry-roof-coatings-he887hs018-64_1000.jpg

Every post that I have read had positive things to say. Henry states that this product "887" is meant for EPDM roof membranes. Posts that I have read have good things to say. there is definite temperature drop, product is considerably thicker so it fills well, elasticity is said to be great ( some say it stays tacky but that has been attributed to not applying it correctly), being Silicone it does set up like rubber when done but is said to be a benefit with all the flexing our rigs go though. As an added benefit the thickness of the product adds "padding" which aside from protecting the roof from impacts such as hail its said to be a great insulator and most no longer are hearing the rain.There were a few updates ranging from a few months to 5+ years after application and the product is holding up well. This line also has "roof sealant" and "seam repair" available.

white-henry-roof-sealants-he884004-64_1000.jpg

white-henry-roof-sealants-he885142-64_1000.jpg

i dont think I found any info from an owner of a fifth wheel, mostly older campers. I trust the people here and am hooping I hear good reviews from y'all as well. Sounds like a good product and if in the worst case i try it and it doesnt work well .... well, im just going to be ripping it off next year anyway.

Thank you all for your time and help,
John~

Last edited by a moderator:

wdk450

Hello Everyone,

My rig is in need of a new roof. I will be unable to get to it till next season as i need to strip the roof down to the framing and put down all new plywood and more than likely some insulation. Its a long story but I found that there was extensive damage to the roof and some areas have only the EPDM material spanning areas of missing plywood. Luckily the areas of missing plywood are not large in area so I dont think i will need to worry too much about the EPDM sagging and puling away from the sides and/or caps. The EPDM material is "newer" and not damaged ,as far as I can tell, it was just put down over a very bad roof. I believe the untreated EPDM is black in color. The material I have on my roof is more like an off white or even pinkish in color. So if it is coated its supper thin at best. Knowing now that I will not be able to get to it right away and will have to go thru winter like this Im looking for a good roof coating.

I dont want to spend too much as I will be ripping it off come spring. I have used the Dicor in the past and have to say that I am not a fan. I know it is the "go to" product but it always seemed too thin for my liking. Ive been doing some searching and reading forums and came across a product that sounds like it would fit what im looking for. I was wondering if any of you have any knowladge about this product or some other ideas that may help.

Okay, The product I found is available at the Home Depot. Its called "Henry 4.75 Gal. 887 Tropi-Cool 100% Silicone White Roof Coating".

View attachment 62324

Every post that I have read had positive things to say. Henry states that this product "887" is meant for EPDM roof membranes. Posts that I have read have good things to say. there is definite temperature drop, product is considerably thicker so it fills well, elasticity is said to be great ( some say it stays tacky but that has been attributed to not applying it correctly), being Silicone it does set up like rubber when done but is said to be a benefit with all the flexing our rigs go though. As an added benefit the thickness of the product adds "padding" which aside from protecting the roof from impacts such as hail its said to be a great insulator and most no longer are hearing the rain.There were a few updates ranging from a few months to 5+ years after application and the product is holding up well. This line also has "roof sealant" and "seam repair" available.

View attachment 62325

View attachment 62326

i dont think I found any info from an owner of a fifth wheel, mostly older campers. I trust the people here and am hooping I hear good reviews from y'all as well. Sounds like a good product and if in the worst case i try it and it doesnt work well .... well, im just going to be ripping it off next year anyway.

Thank you all for your time and help,
John~

Re: "i dont think I found any info from an owner of a fifth wheel, mostly older campers." I looked at the Home Depot website reviews and on the 1st page (5th and 6th reviews?) they had photos of their installations that were easily identified as 5th wheel RV roofs:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Henry-4...icone-White-Roof-Coating-HE887HS018/205049553