Underbelly removed

GK2018

I'm not sure of this is the right section to post this but I figured I'd let everyone know I have the underbelly dropped on my Mallard M33 if anyone wants or needs pictures of anything before I put her back together. I'm working on hooking my fresh water tank to the filtration system, tidying it up under there, insulating everything with lots of insulation and a few other things so it'll take me a few days to get it done and back together. Just let me know!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

GK2018

This is all the excess pipe for the heater that wasnt needed so I shortened the runs and I plan on reusing the extra bigger pipe to heat the under belly with since they used one short run of the small pipe which I dont think is nearly enough.
f3578cdf375658fb4ffe934c7ea84410.jpg

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
What I found interesting on my trailer is that they used a ram set and shot nails to hold the under floor. They did use a couple of #14 self tapping screws which work great for the nails I pull out.

GK2018

What I found interesting on my trailer is that they used a ram set and shot nails to hold the under floor. They did use a couple of #14 self tapping screws which work great for the nails I pull out.
They used 1/4 inch self tapping screws on the chloroplast which were all rusted and stripped out so I spent all day yesterday with a dremal cutting them off and i'm going to use the #14's to put it back together they did use a couple shot nails on mine to but not very many.

cjb2283

I would be interested in seeing everything in there. I am also curious about how much extra hose is in my TT. What you pulled out seems ridiculous.

GK2018

I would be interested in seeing everything in there. I am also curious about how much extra hose is in my TT. What you pulled out seems ridiculous.
I'll get some pictures for you before putting it all back together. That was definitely quite a bit of excess furnace hose, I read where it supposed to passively heat the underbelly from the residual heat coming off the excess furnace hose but my logic is if you run 4" furnace hose from the furnace to the underbelly and discard their single 2" furnace hose they used then I'll dump more heat into the belly on top of adding foam tubes to all the water lines and adding a light layer of fiberglass insulation but not too much so as not to retain any moisture that may get into the underbelly causing the insulation to mold. I'm also using tyvek (house wrap) to seal the insulation as added moisture protection. Right now I'm in the insulation phase before securing it all back. Itll be later today or this weekend before I can get some pictures for you.

GK2018

Here are some pictures of what it looks like under there. I used zip ties to secure the hanging electrical wires and put some foam on the metal frames to keep them from rubbing a hole due to vibration, insulated all the water pipes, shortened the furnace hoses, insulated using faced fiberglass insulation with the faced side towards the chloroplast and then used tyvek on the fiberglass side. I also added 2 more screws for a total of 4 per side to all of the tanks holding frames seeing how they only used two on each side. I didn't run my fresh water tank to the filters because there was no easy access and I wasn't going through that much work i'll just drink bottled water when i'm not on city hookups. I'm almost done securing the chloroplast back to the frame. So far it's been a 3 day job and will be 4 days I project when i'm finished hopefully I never have to drop it again!
63a182aa3a686cdc39452655f3a5794e.jpg
92471bc07015500acfa87f0428ad3c65.jpg
7449bb9a33319a792ccb90a014ce4b21.jpg
5eb8401a72dbb74d96a77ef1de415ea5.jpg
6c1e73cb69844ade9caf243a8013e043.jpg
18f31fb14e57178a70dfd5c620acce86.jpg
74114f41b0a1f03724435f6cfe87c16a.jpg
3c904b4f9599022908610a6830599077.jpg

n3zmw

Wow! Now I can understand why I get limited heat to my bathroom and front bedroom vents. Sheesh! Kudos to you for all the effort. My 1 yr warranty just expired earlier this month, however I have an extended warranty that really keeps me from doing too much. Thanks for the pics!

GK2018

Wow! Now I can understand why I get limited heat to my bathroom and front bedroom vents. Sheesh! Kudos to you for all the effort. My 1 yr warranty just expired earlier this month, however I have an extended warranty that really keeps me from doing too much. Thanks for the pics!
It is definitely taken some work. They ran 2" furnace pipe to my bathroom instead of the 4" which is probably why my bathroom wasnt getting much heat either not to mention all that excess furnace pipe creating a ton of heat loss. I'll be curious to see the heating difference this winter compared to last year.

GK2018

NICE!!! All that should help a ton!
I've noticed a huge difference in just the past couple days with the ac running, it's holding cool air a whole lot better! I've also been debating on checking out my air conditioning pipes to see if those lines are as long as the heater pipes and maybe that's why there isn't as much airflow coming out of a couple of them.

sengli

Its one of those things, you dont want to see cause it will drive you bonkers trying to tidy up the all of the stuff in the basement.